Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a thread earlier about not being able to get past a certain scene in Xenogears and someone suggested using FPSE. Well, I'm having a hard time since I only have the ISO image of the game and I'm trying to figure out why the DAO image driver (allows one to run the actual ISO and not the cd) is not working with FPSE. Can anyone help me out? When I load up FPSE with the DAO plugin, it comes up asking for a cue sheet, I click on xenogears.cue and it exists saying "unable to initialize cdrom engine"! That's kinda strange since I'm not using the cdrom o_O

Yes I do realize this isn't the FPSE forums but...... ;-)

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
To be honnest, I don t use FPSE.
So I can t help U w/ that emu.
But if u have VGS, go check www.aldostools.com
U can find the useful Daemon s tools to continue playing Xenogears w/ ur iso. Just get past the point where the game crash, then save and u ll be able to load ur game on epsxe.
(Hope i ven t put useless things for you, but it s the only thing i can do for u :( )

Bye

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehe no no I appreciate any help I can get. but I don't have VGS......and since you have to PAY to use it...I'd rather not ;)
hehe

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by Kazuya
I posted a thread earlier about not being able to get past a certain scene in Xenogears and someone suggested using FPSE. Well, I'm having a hard time since I only have the ISO image of the game and I'm trying to figure out why the DAO image driver (allows one to run the actual ISO and not the cd) is not working with FPSE. Can anyone help me out? When I load up FPSE with the DAO plugin, it comes up asking for a cue sheet, I click on xenogears.cue and it exists saying "unable to initialize cdrom engine"! That's kinda strange since I'm not using the cdrom o_O

Yes I do realize this isn't the FPSE forums but...... ;-)

Thanks in advance :)
Post on the right forums the next time, OK? :)

Anyway, what I recommend is that you use Daemon Tools to create a "Fake" CD-Rom with you image, and then use FPSE's own CD-Rom plugins.

[]s Badaro

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Re: Re: DAO image driver - Xenogears! help!

Originally posted by Badaro

Post on the right forums the next time, OK? :)

Anyway, what I recommend is that you use Daemon Tools to create a "Fake" CD-Rom with you image, and then use FPSE's own CD-Rom plugins.

[]s Badaro
Isn't it what Rargh said?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts