Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this email from the health & safety guy (or COSHH) in our dept. Well lets just say he's infamous for taking his job way too seriously :p. Anyways, after I managed to stop laughing I thought I'd share :D.

Dear all,

I have just received a memo regarding natural rubber latex.

Could anybody using natural rubber latex please inform me immediately, as this substance falls under COSHH regulations.
Erm well I know that there a couple of folks in the dept who are have relationships... but anyways he continues

the following may contain NRL
Tyres
Damn I' guess I can't park the car in my 4th floor office anymore :D

Balloons
Baby teats
Hot water bottles
Sports equipment (eg hand grips and gym mats)
Swimming cap and goggles
Washing-up gloves
Common office items then ;)

.... Hmmm well that's practically worn out anyways :p

Erasers
Stress balls
Adhesives
Calculators
Ok that's common enough around here. Pity. Looks like the Queens math Dept is going to have to do without calculators :p.

Underwear elastic
Shoe soles
Whoohoo we're all going to go commando!

So, looking at this memo and the School Safety Policy, it looks like rubber
bands may only be ordered through the COSHH supervisor. Also, one may
have to ask permission from the COSHH supervisor to take a poster from
Reception to your office, as long as a rubber band holds it together...
In other words to carry note in the hall we need to have written permission from COSHH. This folks is how your university tuition fees are being wisely spent .....

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Wow. Some people :p

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Hilarious. Well, he needs to justify the need for all the money he gets :p

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Betamax said:
I just got this email from the health & safety guy (or COSHH) in our dept. Well lets just say he's infamous for taking his job way too seriously :p. Anyways, after I managed to stop laughing I thought I'd share :D.

Erm well I know that there a couple of folks in the dept who are have relationships... but anyways he continues

Damn I' guess I can't park the car in my 4th floor office anymore :D

Common office items then ;)

.... Hmmm well that's practically worn out anyways :p

Ok that's common enough around here. Pity. Looks like the Queens math Dept is going to have to do without calculators :p.

Whoohoo we're all going to go commando!

In other words to carry note in the hall we need to have written permission from COSHH. This folks is how your university tuition fees are being wisely spent .....

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and the point of that post was what may I ask? If your going to quote me, at least make a comment, otherwise I'll have to assume you are simply spamming the forum. :nono:

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Betamax said:
and the point of that post was what may I ask? If your going to quote me, at least make a comment, otherwise I'll have to assume you are simply spamming the forum. :nono:
I... want to say something,... but I dont.. know what............ to say

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm ok. If you don't know what you want to say then why did you post? Is it not better to think of what you wanted to say first and then make a clear point?

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Betamax said:
Hmmm ok. If you don't know what you want to say then why did you post? Is it not better to think of what you wanted to say first and then make a clear point?
Sorry, I get away with that alot in other forums.

BTW: I think the title was funnier then your post itself. I'm slow, it took me forever to think of that line. :emb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts