Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Believe in Harmony
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you already know, many of the ps2's that sony distributed suffer from DREs (disc read errors). unfortunately, my ps2 is one of them. i've already purchased a dvd laser lens cleaner, and that fixed the problem for a while. Then they came back, so I decided to open up the ps2 and cleaned the laser myself.

nothing changed, ffx and all my ps1 games still work on it, but none of my new games will work. therefore i imagine it's a problem with my ps2's dvd voltage settings. however, i haven't found a guide with pictures and that is appropriate for my individual model (30001 series). can anyone here provide with a credible site that has a guide with pictures?

btw, i know about sony's offer to fix DREs for free, but I've already opened my ps2 and therefore ripped off the warranty sticker...

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Player-X said:
I tought that Sony can give free repairs for DREs
he ripped off the warranty sticker, meaning that he voided his warranty by opening up the case.

now it's not the end of the world, it only means that Sony now has a reason to deny you of your repair. Just make up a bullpoo story about how the sticker was destroyed....you should be fine anyways

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Im sure you can find a local shop to get repairs. You could also buy replacement parts over the net and fix it yourself.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I have a 3001 model and it got dre's untill I messed with the white cog to move the lazer up and down, after fiddeling with it for about 15 min. it loads dvd's and ps2 games faster than my friends brand new "slim line" model.

·
Believe in Harmony
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey valcrist, do you remember how many notches you had to turn it from its original position before it started working again? and was it clockwise or counterclockwise?

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
Don't they sell new lasers for ps2's at some sites???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts