Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
freshly fedexed to me from Japan, the new DDR 5th MIX! I used VGS for thhis one.

1. the title screen

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
first, select the style. :)

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
then you select your fave character. I like Rage the most. :D

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
then, of course, the music. Hmm, Atomic Kitten huh.....:)

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay, here we go! :D

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's hard to do fingerdancing while taking screenshots. :D managed only a 6 combo that time. :D

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think the "B" in my grade stands for "Boooo!" :D

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you're having trouble, you can always take a look-see how it works....only if you understand japanese, though. :D

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there's also a lesson mode where you can hone your skillz first before you hit the dance floor. :D

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there's also this new "gallery mode" where you uncover, uh, "prizes" depending on your performance. i got a lousy DDR tote bag for all my trouble. :D

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the credit screens. :) thanks for taking a look! :)

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes, no problemos at all. :)

...in case you're all wondering, i didnt buy this so i can play it using an emulator :p .....i also got a 7502 PS with dance pads. :)

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Shiori Fujisaki
yes, no problemos at all. :)

...in case you're all wondering, i didnt buy this so i can play it using an emulator :p .....i also got a 7502 PS with dance pads. :)
are you sure? because beatmania has problems with it (on my computer at least). The sound is a little "behind" due to the small sound buffer vgs uses.

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, yeah....i mean, i use the music to time my steps, er, keypresses. :D tried all the music tracks already, and they sound okay. Tried comparing it to the PSOne, and it's exactly the same.

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmm....nope, not right now, but i have a friend who has it, ill borrow it from him this weekend. ill let you know asap after rigorous testing. :p

S

·
0 Posts

oh btw, do you know the beatmania sim for pc?
it's pretty much like the real deal, and you can create your own songs too. Besides, the keyboard works very good as a beatmania controller :)

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my friend also tells the same thing too, that beatmania works better using an emu. :p

btw, i think his Beatmania copy has a black cover, with fire along the letters. is that what you were referring to?

S

·
0 Posts
i have beatmania 5th mix , but I clearly notice the slight timing delay in sound in vgs.

The other program I'm talking about is a bm simulator for pc, made by fans of the game (kinda like mugen, but for beatmania).
I even have a small section about it on my site:
http://www.samor.nl/bm98.html
and yep, I made a song for it...did it with notepad. Recently I found out there was an editor as well...duh, could have spared me some time :) ...oh well, I did manage to find out how the program works though :)
I recommend to try it out, it's very cool :)

poor play ;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts