Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got WinXP Pro. But I did a system scan with it and i'll need new modem drivers which are currently non-existant. WHY?! DAMN YOU GATEWAY!!!!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I got two different Win2K drivers, but I wanna get some XP ones so I won't be internetless if they don't work.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
I have lucent modem...............the windows installed its own drivers and they seem to work better then the original ones.....;)

Ali

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,073 Posts
Originally posted by Ali
I have lucent modem...............the windows installed its own drivers and they seem to work better then the original ones.....;)

Ali

i have a 56k lucent modem too... for me, the original driver works better then the one provides by window98 se.

It is really God damn hard to find a lucent modem driver nowaday....

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Originally posted by Asz
Yeah, I got two different Win2K drivers, but I wanna get some XP ones so I won't be internetless if they don't work.
do you know the brand of your modem? If so, look in the manufacter site or Windrivers. You are sure to have some light on what to do when XP is installed ;)

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
If you are unaware which manufacturer it is you can find out by looking for the FCC or BABT no. on the modem. Once you have located this goto their respective websites and do a search on the no.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Originally posted by Nightmare

i have a 56k lucent modem too... for me, the original driver works better then the one provides by window98 se.

It is really God damn hard to find a lucent modem driver nowaday....
are you comparing the quality of winxp whit the soso of 98? wow thats new, for me they are completely different

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,073 Posts
Originally posted by SepHirotH OmEgA

are you comparing the quality of winxp whit the soso of 98? wow thats new, for me they are completely different
nope , i am not comparing them, i just say the original one works better than the win98se one, in my case.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Ohhh I see...

well :D like we where talking about Xp I think that... err... sorry :p

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
My ISA Network card was not supported by XP so I bought a PCI one and it works great! Twas time for a new one anyway's. Other than that all my hardware and software works great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts