Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I checked many forums and googled it but couldn't find any hints or reports. Not sure if this happens to me only:

Sometimes, when mounting a psx iso with Daemon Tools and run ePSXe-> run CD-Rom, it will play for about 1 or 2 minutes, then the entire computer will freeze. The only thing I'm able to do then is restarting the Computer. I tested this with several games and this happened especially often with RE2 and Wipeout 3. Using the original discs works normally, same for the "Run Iso" function of ePSXe, works normal.

At 1st, I thought that this might be a bug of Daemon Tools or maybe even a driver problem, BUT:
Running any Saturn images with Daemon Tools along with SSF works flawless! No freezing! Same for ps2(I only could test xenosaga ep1 and disgaea 2 since those are the only games I could make isos from...).

Further, I tested several other psx emulators with Daemon Tools:
pSX = will freeze
SSSPSX(not sure about the name now) = will freeze
PSXEven = will freeze
There was one more, but I forgot it's name. The result was same on that one as well.

I doubt that anyone can help to troubleshoot this problem(especially because I do not want to use my computer for testing that). However, here my system specs:
Athlone 64 X2 4600+ @2.52GHz
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro (Driver V.: 9.2)
WinXP Sp3
Tested with ePSXe 1.6 & 1.7 using the default plugins
Daemon Tools Lite 4.30.3
(might be that this only happens when using this version. I remember it working last year)

Edit: My, I forgot to mention it: For some strange reason, Valkyrie Profile is unaffected by this problem. Also, the image format I used are Cue/Bin and for RE2 CCD/(Cue)/Bin

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One question...why don't you use File=>Run ISO(the same question is for the other emus too...why are you mounting the game rather than using the emu build in feature to run ISO's or using plugins for loading images)
I am. To be honest, the run iso function of the pSX and ePSXe emulator are great addition which is more stable than the run CD-Rom command(for me at least). That makes me think of something...

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
That maybe your computer is faulty? coz that would be the accurate assumption to make.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That maybe your computer is faulty? coz that would be the accurate assumption to make.
That was my 1st thought as well, but running saturn, ps2 or Valkyrie Profile does work with daemon tools so I doubt it. My 2nd thought was that daemon doesn't like cue images, but the images I created from Valkyrie Profile and my Saturn games are cue/bin files and work. I suppose that it's the current built of Daemon tools which causes this problem, but this is just a theory, It's some time ago, before I updated Daemon tools, epsxe worked flawless with the run CD-Rom command.
As I mentioned before, I doubt that anyone has a solution for this(and since I'm very lazy and thus using the run iso command^^), but I was curious if someone experienced the same thing.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Personally, i never have liked DT, the application feels poorly put together.

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,828 Posts
im using an older version of it before they made it so you had to pay for certain features and it runs just fine for me i use it so i dont have to ruin my discs from normal use

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Just use Alcohol 52% Free edition.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts