Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Thanks for helping me in previous question, now I use BlindRead and successfully run a .BIN file from ePSXe.

But when I try mount it with Daemon mount (latest one), I found it create no drive letter (I tried W2K and W98). No matter what I try, even delete the daemon.ini. Drive letter won't coming out, I need your idea again.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Do you have 'daemon tools' or 'daemount'?
Daemount is just a front end for daemon tools. AFAIK it doesn't do anything by itself. To get daemon tools go to www.daemon-tools.com

Now if you do have daemon tools then go to start menu/settings/control panel/system. Now click the device manager tab and click the '+' next to CDROM. Now double click 'V386 phantom CDrom' and click the 'settings' tab. Now find the "current drive letter assignment" and type in "X:" but you can put whatever letter you want in the place of X as long as its not already used by another drive. Then select the same letter for the "Start drive letter" and "End drive letter".

Now you should be able to use it as your ePSXe CDrom drive. Just remember to select the same letter in your CD config and the CD plugin config.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Originally posted by Adair
Do you have 'daemon tools' or 'daemount'?
Daemount is just a front end for daemon tools. AFAIK it doesn't do anything by itself. To get daemon tools go to www.daemon-tools.com

Stupid me ... Think that Daemon Mount was a standalone program.

Thanks for your information, since the Daemon Mount prompt nothing when running, I didn't think of Daemon Tools :confused:

Also the document of Daemon Mount mention none of the information (front end, requirements). I'm totally trapped.

Maybe need to tell Aldos about this, stupid people like me exist in this world :p

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
You are welcome.
I noticed that in you're 1st post you mentioned daemon.ini and when I looked in my daemon folder I saw no daemon.ini. There was only daemount.ini and daemon.inf.
So that's how I thought you may have only daemount.:)

I'm sure you'll figure out how to get daemon tools working, but if not we are here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts