Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi for a 1680 by 1050 monitor what should i set the d3d int res to so that i can get max quality on my monitor. i dont want to set it at 3000x3000 because i looked at 3000x3000 V.S 4000x4000 and i see no difference in picture quality but a loss in speed.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
put it up as high until you get no difference in picure quality, which should be the res of your monitor...

the reason why i say this whats the point going higher than the monitors resolution when it will be scaled back to the monitors resolution anyways

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Yes, there is a point in going higher. It smooths the picture (namely, the edges) out. There's a reason there's both an internal resolution and a display resolution. An internal resolution of 1600x1200 with a display resolution of 800x600 effectively gives you 2x supersampling anti-aliasing. Unfortunately, it's easy to see the obvious in that you need a pretty large internal resolution just to get a meager 2xAA and at a small resolution, so "normal" (multisampling) anti-aliasing seems to have been introduced in the latest GSdx plug-ins, but you have to edit .ini files to edit the values.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.