Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's Possible with the difficulties encountered by the creator blueshogun, create an announcement of cxbx to ask for donations for the emulator to develop more quickly, for example http://www.kickstarter.com and others sites?

And set goals with the money gained to finish the project, so I say run games like today make Dolphin and PCSX2?

PS: Projects as requested money Ouya (console open source)

Thanks for replys and sorry my english.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
I didn't create Cxbx.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
yust starting a kickstart project, hoping to get $10.000 will not help building a xbox emulator.

Yes you can hire some high end programmers.. but after that it is over.
You need to find coders that are willing to spend time on it and learn to program xbox emulation code.. its not a thing you can learn in a weekend.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Getting funding on Kickstarter for such a project would be unlikely anyway. It'd be better just to ask for donations like pretty much every other emu dev if BSG/others would like to go that route.

·
Linux's worst nightmare..
1,510 Posts
I don't think its a lack of money thats holding xbox emulation back.
what we really need are

mappings between xbox TIB offsets and winnt TIB offsets so we can put the FS register issue to bed and have 64 bit support

Better documentation of the NV2A GPU in the Xbox

General Reverse engineering wizardry

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
^ It's lack of contributors. Not even I have the time to work on it these days since majority of my time goes to work, commuting and building my startup company.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts