Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to Causik last night and CXBX is no loger being developed.

too time consuming

On 12/20/05, haza55 <[email protected]> wrote:
y not?
too hard?
----- Original Message -----
To: §Haza§
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: is cxbx still be deved

unfortunately nope :{

On 12/20/05, §Haza§ <[email protected] > wrote:

Message body follows:

is cxbx still being developed?

--
This message has been sent to you, a registered SourceForge.net user,
by another site user, through the SourceForge.net site. This message
has been delivered to your SourceForge.net mail alias. You may reply
to this message using the "Reply" feature of your email client, or
using the messaging facility of SourceForge.net at:
https://sourceforge.net/sendmessage.php?touser=1163893

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.14.2/208 - Release Date: 20/12/2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.14.2/208 - Release Date: 20/12/2005

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
man that was the most confusing quote i've read in a while, but, that sucks. perhaps he could come in to the forums and make an official statement?

·
Quad Core FTW!!!
782 Posts
That sucks. He had a whole team though! They all quit? They could've continued development. Or someone else. They were making great progress! Oh well. I guess Xbox emulation isn't interesting anyone. Now, you watch: when the 360 is modded (and a modchip is supposed to be out within the next few weeks) someone is going to reverse engineer the xbox one emulator for the 360 and write their own from scratch. Maybe that'll get the scene going again.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Its not being developed currently since everyone is enjoying holidays. They will return to coding sooner or later. Anyway Emu authors usually give such replies to noobish questions.

The statement above is only my personal guess and havent been confirmed by anyone. ;)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Prafull said:
Its not being developed currently since everyone is enjoying holidays. They will return to coding sooner or later. Anyway Emu authors usually give such replies to noobish questions.

The statement above is only my personal guess and havent been confirmed by anyone. ;)
I donno prafull, the cvs hasnt been touched in 15 months so it looks pretty dead to me.

·
Leading the way.
836 Posts
Ditto. Plus no forum activity.

·
European Citizen xD
353 Posts
How come Xbox emulation is not as "advanced" as for other current consoles?
I'm thinking it should be easier with Xbox since it's hardware is very similar to that of a Pc ..Pentium III processor ,Nvidia Geforce 3 graphics etc..
I am curious if the Xbox 1 emulator for Xbox 360 will be of any help....but without the source code it's useless..and i guess no one is going to get their hands on that code ever.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well no forum activity because there was no updates and talking about the same thing over and over is kind of pointless.

Oh well, this does kinda suck, but a lot of good xbox games were released for other consoles as well and even some for PC (Fable, Halo, etc..) So if it was ported for PS2 than we're in luck :D

·
Quad Core FTW!!!
782 Posts
flowrent said:
How come Xbox emulation is not as "advanced" as for other current consoles?
I'm thinking it should be easier with Xbox since it's hardware is very similar to that of a Pc ..Pentium III processor ,Nvidia Geforce 3 graphics etc..
I am curious if the Xbox 1 emulator for Xbox 360 will be of any help....but without the source code it's useless..and i guess no one is going to get their hands on that code ever.
It was easier to a degree because it used standard PC hardware. But every console is different. Caustik and his team were working on getting specific XDK game versions working with the emulator, and they seemed to be going one game at a time. They were making good progress, but a project like this takes time and dedication.

According to Microsoft, a software emulator for each game is required on the 360. So, it's not just one big emulator. However, it is possible to reverse engineer it (to the extent possible under law) and learn from it. Then authors would have a better understanding of it and could write their own.

·
PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
flowrent said:
What can Microsoft do about it? If the guys keep a really low profile they wont ever get caught.
you cant have an emu on a site like this and keep a low profile ;p

i imagine CXBX is known across the globe, i expect even quite a few MS employees know about it too

·
Emulation to the max!
2,624 Posts
too bad. Though i didnt really enjoy too many xbox games myself. They were the highest of quality and all the good ones are ported to the PC.

·
PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
i think that was the biggest drawback for xbox emulation, they were too simular to PC's and all the decent games (well, most) got ported to PC anyway, either that or they were just decent PC games ported to XBox :lol:

its always sad to see an emulator go but i might drop caustik an email, asking him to make an official statement.

maybe he can issue an indefinate haitus?

·
European Citizen xD
353 Posts
Fighting games are the only genre which is not represented on PC,if someday an emulator will appear and it will be the "one game optimised" type i think it should focus on fighting games and of course,the best of xbox which is not ported to the PC.. Halo 2 :) etc..

·
カラム
365 Posts
Awww that sucks, I guess Xbox emulation is not meant to be quite yet.

·
PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
flowrent said:
Wow!!Turok Evolution running on CXbx is very impressive. Check it out here .
Too bad this is not continued..
yeh thats the only game that ever worked, and its very old news

·
Registered
142 Posts
refraction said:
yeh thats the only game that ever worked, and its very old news
The only games which really interest me are Dead or alive 3 and 4 and Extreme beach volleyball which unfortunatelly are exclusive for the box, because of the bad mad rich guy Gates .

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.