Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well, it would seem as though certain openXDK versions aren't working yet, (Right?) and I still don't know why it's accessing addr 0x00000004...

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Smellypumba said:
Well, it would seem as though certain openXDK versions aren't working yet, (Right?) and I still don't know why it's accessing addr 0x00000004...
There arent any working OpenXDK versions yet. If this was an LLE emulator, maybe :emb:

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
yes when you wanne develop homebrew games supported by cxbx then use xdk 4629 :)

only problem how yoi can test its a bug in your homebrew or cxbx.. so then you also need to have a modded xbox.

my girlfriend is sick so i have some days to programm..
i`m bussy now with looking at a nes emu .. to understand the work of a emu.

porting cxbx from plain c to delphi is litle to hard.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So, what is it exactly that the OpenXDK does wrong? Why does it access the hardware when the XDK doesn't? What is the difference?

Is Delphi Visual Basic?

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
the openxk access the hardware because it can.
its lots easier to yust access hardware then making routines..

for example why make a routine to put vertexes into some list when you can put them directly into the vertex buffer by hardware :)

delphi is the next generation pascal

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Smellypumba said:
Gotcha. Does that mean that it ignores the DirectX API?
The OpenXDK does not use the DirectX API at all. So Cxbx is basically dependent on the DirectX function calls to do output. If you want to do xboxdev on Cxbx, I reccomend you use either a 4627,4361, or a 3911. Just incase you don't know, we are not allowed to tell you where to get it because it is illegal :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Right, I've looked through the Cxbx source, and have figured out the problem.
The TLS address is 0x00000000, and it's end address is 0x00000004. That's what the error is.
I believe that that is a Cxbe problem, seeing as all OpenXDK does, is make a .exe

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I Just thought of something.
If I understood Caustik correctly, The .XBE File format does NOT allow you to use .DLL's or stuff like that. This means that since what the DirectX API does is use the Hardware directly, (Just through runtime linking with .DLL's e.g. dx9.dll) then the code that the OpenXDK makes that uses the Hardware directly is (probably) similar!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts