Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been watching this project since the beggining, and i felt it was time i ask my question.

Will Xbox cds be directly playable by CXBC.
I would like to be able to put my xbox game disc into my computer either the cd drive or dvd drive, then load it with CXBC directly. That's all i look for in a emulator currently and wasn't sure if CXBC will do that. its Halo 2 i would like to do this for.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Plain and simple no and if you have an xbox i suggest you use that to play halo2 as it isn't supported by cxbx.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
see, how it is, is i have halo2 but i don't own an xbox, nor am i evergoing to get one because im not allowed, however i would like to be able to do that because its the only way i will be able to play the game

·
Quad Core FTW!!!
778 Posts
Well, it might be a while before Halo 2 runs. As for the disc being read in your DVD Drive, it aint gonna happen. Unless, you have the hacked firmware, which isnt worth risking a drive for anyway....

The Xbox and how it works is more complicated then you think. The DVDs use the XDVDFS (Xbox Digital Versatile Disc File System). The HD uses the FatX filesystem (File Allocation Table Xbox).

Xbox Discs spin backwards..and a normal DVD Drive cant do that. You have to dump the files from your Xbox to your PC. But you dont own an xbox, and it seems you are looking for a free way out. Well, this forum doesnt support piracy.

Anyway like I said, you wont be able to do it. I've heard Halo 2 has some problems with CXBX. Mainly b/c of the XDK version. Right now, the original CXBX team fell into a crack in the earth and don't seem to want to come back(sarcasim). But since the project is open-source, a group of devs here at the forums are working on getting some more games playable. And like someone already stated above, by the time Halo 2 is running, Halo 3 will be out, and Xbox 360. Lol..it may be some time before Xbox 360 is able to be emulated. But I heard NVidia is working on their new 7800 chip. They said it may either be called the 7800GT or 7800GTX. I guess one of these days a PCI Express slot is going to be a requirement :( .

·
Quad Core FTW!!!
778 Posts
Like I said, it proably won't happen. But it doesnt seem like it's not a possiblity....just highly unlikely. Anyway, as for Halo 2, with all the errors and crap, it could be a while, since the original devs arent working on it and the team who has picked it up has to learn how caustik and his team wrote it, and where they left off and how to continue...

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Gondar said:

If you want to play Halo 2 just buy a Xbox... they are dirt cheap nowdays.
A used one, that is. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts