Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to the forums, and I am in need of some assistance.
Normally, I would be able to do this, but my psp is currently out of commission, and from past experiences, "when in need....consult forums".

Well, I have my FFVII file on the attached file in .mcr format. I would like to, however, transfer the file from my psp over to my ps3 so that I may continue from where I left off.

I would really appreciate it if someone were to convert my current .mcr file to either a .dat or .vmp file.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
number 1, this isnt cwcheat conversion in any form, its memory card save file conversion, cwcheat is using action replay/gameshark and custom made cheats in a game.

number 2, i think it wont be possible unless the psp connects to the ps3 and you check if you can share the save file.... the reason why i suggest this is that different versions of psp firmware (mainly significant ones) encrypt the save files differently making older save files created by the old firmware not working anymore...

number 3, try renaming the extension and see if it makes a difference since, if not look for a memory card converter not a cwcheat converter... i have found one years ago, cant remember whats it called and i know it wont give what you want but it may have been updated or there is a better one now

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, and I mean this in the polite way, but I believe that you are mistaken about the capabilities of CWCheat and of what I am trying to accomplish.

Again, I mean no disrespects.

Thank you, but I figured it out on my own. I was able to successfully convert my .dat file to a .vmp file and from there convert the .vmp file to a .mcr file. After which, I was able inject my .mcs file into the .mcr file and change it back to a .vmp file.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.