Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Okay, i've now gotten 15 posts.. i go to use my custom avatar then i get informed it must be equal to or less than 65x65 pixels, no! :( :eek: :(

Admins, can you pretty please make the max size to 100x100?

My animgif is 100x100 exactly and its only 10KB.

BTW, kudos to the first person who guesses correctly from what game and on what system the picture is from.

BOB

B

·
0 Posts
We already increased the max. avater size once from 50 to 65, and we'll stay with that level as anything above is just too big. You can either resize yours or you'll have to look out for another one.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*sigh* Okay, i still think it looks better at its original size of 100x100 instead of scaled down to 65x65 pixels.

Btw, care to guess what game its from Bobbi? :)

BOB

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What i did was manually rip each single picture from a computer game, i then put them together in Jasc Animation Shop (it ships with paint shop pro).

All i did was start a new animation but altering the animation size to 65x65 thereby resizing every picture, something very easy to do.

I'm also a linux user, so if you were doing the same in linux you'd rip the pictures, save them as gif's using something such as Gimp (resize them in Gimp if you needed to) and then put them together into an animated gif using a program such as Whirlgif (an old small unix program, its been ported to just about every os around) or you could grab a script or somesuch for Gimp that can make an animated gif.

BOB

·
Registered
230 Posts
nice hl pic.

how about mine? Can you guess? Direct rip from a game with an addition of a droid on the left shoulder...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Originally posted by Dan
nice hl pic.

how about mine? Can you guess? Direct rip from a game with an addition of a droid on the left shoulder...
I got no idea what game yours is from, looks like it was ripped from a SNES game.

My youth was spent playing games on the Amiga, Gameboy & Atari Lynx.

And before that it was the Atari 2600, Commodore 64 then the SEGA Mastersystem.

Mmm, maybe the next time i change my avatar i'll use one of the characters from Wonderboy 3... that game owned so much./Reminisce>

Shall i spill the beans on what game mine is ripped from?
Looks like no one is gonna get it on here, i've shown it to a load of mates and only two have gotten it correct.

BOB

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, i completed Wonderboy 3 :D

Total time to complete it was something like 6 hours, i was a real platformer etc freak back then :)

BOB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts