Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious about this. How many guys do we have here that can cook? In our stereotypical culture, the women are usually expected to do most of the cooking. So, I guess that makes us guys that can cook (well) a rare breed. Though, maybe I cheated because I worked as an assistant chef at a local nursing home for 2 years and learned most of what I know there.

That ***** of an ex-gf of mine couldn't prepare anything if her life depended on it and the current girl I'm uh..."seeing" can't cook worth a damn either. I guess that's what happens when you grow up on microwaved food all your life. I hate it...since I think it makes everything taste like cardboard. :p

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Yugh, well luckily here there all kinds of recipes on the backside of the packages which contain the spices or other ingredients for all kinds of food (like macaroni and stuff). It's rather easy to cook that stuff, and you should add some extra ingredients like fresh unions, and you have a decent meal :)

Though I don't cook regularly, I used to do it sometimes at my gf's home. But since that's over, and I'm at my own home again, my mom does the cooking (in a very good way :D :drool: )

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Yeah, I'm the master of the Frying Pan +1 anbd have been schooled in the mystery art of flash frying.
Seriously, I can fry anything: Sausages, bacon, eggs, hash browns, potato waffles, jam, porridge, beans, chips (proper chips, not what you silly Americans call chips and people who speak English call crisps), burgers, anything. I've yet to try frying a joint of meat, but I'm always up for a challenge.

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
im not a chef but yeah i can cook.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Kane-Sama said:
Yeah, I'm the master of the Frying Pan +1 anbd have been schooled in the mystery art of flash frying.
Seriously, I can fry anything: Sausages, bacon, eggs, hash browns, potato waffles, jam, porridge, beans, chips (proper chips, not what you silly Americans call chips and people who speak English call crisps), burgers, anything. I've yet to try frying a joint of meat, but I'm always up for a challenge.
getting hungry here :D
IMO it's fun to bake the stuff you mentioned, I really like to do it :)
It's not so difficult to fry a joint of meat, just don't put the fire all open, so it has the time to warm the inside as well. That way you prevent the outside from getting charcoal and the inside being raw.

2 Squigi63: Hmmm, italian :drool:

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Hmm... That's what I thought I'd do. It's just a matter of trying a cheap joint so it's not a disaster if I screw it up.
Anyway, I just had some delicious waffles and sausages, dripping in fat. They were so greasy they'd glog up your arteries just looking at em ;)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Kane-Sama said:
Hmm... That's what I thought I'd do. It's just a matter of trying a cheap joint so it's not a disaster if I screw it up.
Anyway, I just had some delicious waffles and sausages, dripping in fat. They were so greasy they'd glog up your arteries just looking at em ;)
As long as it tastes well :D

A little fat ain't discusting, it's better than a way too dry steak which has the structure of sawdust :p

S

·
0 Posts
I got a crash course when my parents were on holiday for 2 weeks; and it was the first time since my brother left the house, so I was on my own.
As you can see, I'm still alive :p
so, yeah. a little :p

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
well guess I can cook like Kane (on the frying pan) but I would like to learn how to cook different kind of mouth-watering dishes... and true, its thumbs up for girls to know that guy can "really" cook great food... wish I was one :p

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I cook regulary. I can do any basic meal (I wub italian the most). I practiced cooking for years on each sunday for my family when I was on secondary school.

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
hmm.. i can cook a few things... several soups a few polish meals ... i can shake and bake :p main problem for me would be knowing what kind of meat to pick out while shopping

·
Prepare for Descent...
2,619 Posts
I can cook, fairly well too! I mostly BBQ tho (hamburgers, steaks, chicken, etc). I make my own breakfast in the morning (bacon, eggs, toast etc.) and everything I've made turned out very good. :) I haven't made much of anything else however...

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
I can't cook anything. My GF doesn't like cooking, either. So I always end up eating in restaurants (this is the norm for lunch during the week) or eating some fast food. When I go to the supermarket I always buy things that you can eat cold (ham, cheese, chester...) and make big sandwiches. This way I don't have to develop any cooking skills :p

1 - 20 of 42 Posts