Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I would realy like to try out the new PSX emu that just came out, but unfortuntly it wont play my FF VIII .bin file, says it needs to read a .cue as well. can anyone help me on making one please. ive searched on how to make them but none have given any REAL info. I do have a copied version of the game, I bought the original but I don't have it anymore, wich is why I realy want to get this working.

thanks in advance.

·
Heh...
1,905 Posts
Dementia said:
Well I would realy like to try out the new PSX emu that just came out, but unfortuntly it wont play my FF VIII .bin file, says it needs to read a .cue as well. can anyone help me on making one please. ive searched on how to make them but none have given any REAL info. I do have a copied version of the game, I bought the original but I don't have it anymore, wich is why I realy want to get this working.

thanks in advance.
That's still illegal and against the rules.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dementia said:
thanks, and its actualy the copied version of my orignal.
thats what i thought, since i have the original copies of the game which are now damaged, thanks to the copies i have i can now play them again, anyways, yeah see how you go with magicISO and let me know if you need help

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
try a different program like alcohol to rip it to mdf format, or even nero to nrg format.

im having a hard time believing your "i ripped it myself" story.

care to tell me what program you are using now?

Edit: btw you can use real cds on this emu, it has got an option for it, maybe try your original disk?

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
ShadowDancer said:
He said he doesn't have the original disk in his first post

hmm well he should look after his disks better, anyway, rather than to prove him guilty/not guilty of downloading here what you do.

make a new txt file, for arguements sake lets say your ffvii disk is labeled ffviid1.bin you call the new file ffviid1.cue
edit the file and put in this information

Code:
 FILE "FFVIID1.BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00
save the file, that should give you the working cue file.

i found that making a simple google search, i wish everybody else would realise this is what search engines are for.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
not only are cue files not that hard to make, this is against forum rules. if you make a copy and destroy (or give away or sell) your original disc, you arent allowed to have the copy anymore.

besides the fact that supposing that you made a decent backup of your game, it should be a 1:1 copy of the original, and you should be able to just remake an ISO out of that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.