Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
People said that about the first as well and that was a brilliant game so I'm not gonna believe that till I play it myself.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
I played it a little before my mb cracked under pressure, its seemed like an nice game though it followed the formula of Crysis 2 more then that of Crysis 1, i miss that freedom you had in the first one. That said it did seem interesting, loved the bow, but i haven't played enough to make a statement.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Did you like the first one?

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
The first one is the best of the series. ;)

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Ah ok, so you don't just plain hate the series.
:( I guess that means the game really isn't very good. Sad...I've been wanting more of the same as in the first.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
You'd rather game at 720P so you can turn up the motion blur and other eyecandy? I'd rather plat at at least 900P if not native 1680x1050 even if it means less eyecandy.

And being in that grass does NOT look fun. Kind of sad that Crysis has become a jumpy things shooter now relying on cheap scares.

·
Irregular User
3,188 Posts
First, recording at hi res will produce a massive size of video, even when encoded at a balanced quality (uploading takes hours on my crappy connection), second i only have a 1280 x 1024 monitor so i can't do 1600 x 900 and beyond to record and thirdly, youtube will prolly scale it down to 1280 x 720 (if recorded at 1600 x 900) anyway unless i record at 1080p (which my monitor can't do) Scaling it to higher resolution will prolly make it blurry as well.

Grass is physics simulated tho, it reacts to any movement and one of the CPU heavy parts (it maxes out my 3570K along with the video recording and compression)

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I'm not talking about the recording res, I'm talking about the game res (they can be different you know...) from when you showed the settings. But if you only have a 1280x1024 monitor then that explains the 720P res.
And for some reason I also had you mixed up with galson and that's why I was expecting the res to be way out of spec VS the 16:10 1680x1050 monitor we both still have (where our best 16:9 is 1600x900).

·
Irregular User
3,188 Posts
Well, i tend/try to record at native (the resolution on what i play in) res these days (unlike last time when my pre i3/15 old CPU can't record native, its usually halved)
Ive been thinkin of getting a 1600 x900 monitor actually, my sister's 1080p display is kinda off to me after i used it for several weeks/months.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Nah man, 1080P or more, 1600x900 monitors are all pathetic both in tech and physical size. Our old 22"ers have the benefit of actually being physically slightly larger than 23" 1080P displays and offer that increased vertical headroom of 16:10 which feels better and less squished. But after that one shouldn't look at anything else other than 1080P and beyond.

I need a new screen though, colour shifts are driving me bonkers and I keep wasting entire days retuning the monitor to try and improve this or that worsening something else. I wish they made 24" 1920x1200 AH-IPS monitors (not just IPS).

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
lower res is sucky as hell outside games though :p

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
there's nothing large about 23" 16:9 monitor :/

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
^It probably will schumi doesn't seem to grasp the term "personal preference" or another view point very well at times :p.

·
Classic Games Lover
5,280 Posts
I'm not talking about the recording res, I'm talking about the game res (they can be different you know...) from when you showed the settings. But if you only have a 1280x1024 monitor then that explains the 720P res.
And for some reason I also had you mixed up with galson and that's why I was expecting the res to be way out of spec VS the 16:10 1680x1050 monitor we both still have (where our best 16:9 is 1600x900).
Coincidentally I was checking some 1080p monitors a few days ago, perhaps will be getting one for Christmas. And I can always hook up my PC to my 40'' TV which is FullHD too (even bought the cables last week, just never got around to hooking everything up). I do like my 1680x0150 monitor though (Sam SyncMaster 226BW), it gives really nice and crisp picture.

As for Crysis, the further the series goes, the less inclined I am to play it, Crysis 1 was fun, finished Crysis 2 too but without joy really and played just a bit of C3, got fed up quickly. Nowadays I like FPS with nice story, like Bioshock, Metro, etc.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Get an ASUS AH-IPS display if you do decide to get a 1080P monitor. I'm strongly considering doing the same and would have already done so if they were more readily available here and I wasn't already budgeting for a new PC which is more urgent. The colour shifts on my LG W2252TQ-PF are driving me batty these days.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts