Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I generally don't bring anything new to the forum, so I thought I'd share this. Most of the info and screens released so far have been of the Cry Engine 3 running on consoles. Here is a rough look of what you can expect for PC:

YouTube - Cry-Engine 3 for PC (First Time: Ati Eyefinity)

I'd embed it, but it's best if you actually go and watch it in HQ or HD. Indoor environments don't look much better than they did. The outdoors are amazing, though. Much more so than they were in Cry Engine 2.

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But...there's an HD button right there on the video. -_-

That, and I didn't want to force a decision upon users.

·
Professional Spitter.
972 Posts
If you are too lazy to press a button right next to a video, you dont deserve to see the video in its full glory.

I see no point in Eyefinity. What sick person has more than 2 screens right next to eachother or on top of eachother on their desk ? 2 screens is one thing, but 3 and beyond is just crazy.

Also, the borders around the screens are a real pain for Eyefinity. Couldn't they wait for borderless screens to be readily available and in popular use ?

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The point was not to show Eyefinity, but to showcase Cry Engine 3 running on a PC. Up until now, all the screens and video showed were only X360 or PS3 ones, and though the engine differences were noticeable, the graphical output was pretty much the same as Crysis with Cry Engine 2.

This, though, shows that the engine actually IS much more powerful than the previous one.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I'm sorry but I can't see spending $500 - $1000 to play a game running on this engine (3 flat screens plus a top of the line video card)

It looks impressive, but I'll pass...

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No one said you'd need such a thing. That equipment was just used to showcase the engine and ATI's Eyefinity. Perhaps trying to show that they made major optimizations, since they are probably running at a very high resolution, and trying that with Crysis/Cry Engine 2 would result in horrible framerate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.