Next Generation Emulation banner

Creative's EAX Console (Stero Surround)

3K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  MaZa 
#1 ·
I just find this alittle strange.. is it normal for the rear left/right speakers to sound the wrose out of the rest? movie playback it isnt like this. but mp3 playback the rear speakers are real weak... i mean, REAL weak.i have to be right next to it to beable to hear it. The front/side speakers sound normal. i can atleast hear those. but the rear just seems to be a whole nother issue. oO iirc stero sound was supposed to send a stero output through each pair of speakers isnt it?

Discussion starter · #7 ·
u guys know anything about those Kxproject Drivers? iirc i read some stuff about it but they mainly focused on dvd playback instead of multi-channel mp3 playback, i know for a fact it didnt have EAX so i was wondering how it worked without it on multi channel setups

Dgurion said:
its more like 4.1 - with some faint sound in the rear...
more so if your using winamp, those 5.1 output pluggins are utter CRAP on sb systems. all i get is static using those

edit
forgot to post a link
http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1

Discussion starter · #11 · (Edited)
Dgurion said:
Yeah, the five front ones play fine, its the rear two that don't work too well... I guess they dont really have it configured for 7.1, it seems like they only made it for 5.1
yeah almost everything now adays is setup for 5.1. i guse 7.1 is too new for real actual support :thumb:

hushypushy said:
by the way, CMSS and CMSS2 are so damned crappy. i cant believe anyone would actually constantly keep their music in that mode all the time
why do u think i use the stero output ;) CMSS2 actualy kindof ruins dvd playback alot of times.

i might give those kx drivers a shot..

Edit
yea their crap, i cant seem to get 7.1 out of em

Discussion starter · #13 ·
7.1's not that bad, only differance is it not to well supported with most dvd programs,or anything else for that matter. unless you use something like power dvd or win dvd which outputs the sound to 7 speakers even though it was mainly recorded in 5.1 EX , either way i can choose between 5 and 7 since i can always output both easly :D

Discussion starter · #17 · (Edited)
yeah cmss actualy annoyed me to the point last night where i reverted my system to a 5.1 I still stored the other 2 speakers around with the rest of my computer stuff. but 7.1 is VERY poorly supported by alot of programs. makes me regret not buying just the regular 5.1

Hushy : regarding movie playback on 7.1 if outputed correctly, it CAN sound good. the best method is to use PowerDVD and turn on 'noisy enviorment' to get that extra sound boost. but 5.1 EX sounds better though since thats what it was actualy recorded in. sometimes 7.1 can be very poor sound depending on what dvd software you use...

and regardless CMSS usualy would ruin the surround to where it would mainly be your front 3 speakers that u can mostly hear. ;)

EDIT

AGH! Even with Winamps 5.1 Output ( K.B. 5.1 Channel v1.00 ) it wont output sound to rear speakers. you absolutly have to turn on CMSS just to get the rear to work :mad: :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.