Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Creating Private Message - to *Usernamehere*

Saw this last week, IIRC. (Quick Links >> Who's Online)
Is this really necessary? doesnt it somewhat intrude our privacy? :p

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
You can switch to invisible mode if you dislike being monitered.

Yours,
-Elly

Though, on the other hand...:evil:

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I guess I didnt made my statement clear.

My issue here is: To whom we send our private messages still necessary to be monitored? o_O

·
Registered
845 Posts
I think Elly answered your statement perfectly - if you don't like it, turn invisible on. People seeing who you send a message to isn't really a breech of security, what could possibly come of it?

I'm pretty sure most of the users on this forum didn't know about that section anyway, you're shooting yourself in the foot by bringing it up.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
hahahahaha moomoomoo is right, ive been here for 2 years and i never knew about this. good one :p now i will check it all the time :D

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Hmmm Maybe I'm a tad out of touch, but I was always thought that the user tracker was set to admin only? When did that change?

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
it's been set like that for quite a while already. i'm pretty sure i've known about this for more than a year.

·
Jyushi Bismark
2,561 Posts
Not only that you brought that up although most user doesn't even know about it, you also blurred the name out but saved it named after the user !!! ... You are one sneaky Ninja dude.

I don't care tho. ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
lol, pretty good censor sera ... ò_ô *look at the file name of the picture* xDD

for me it is necessary to see how fast my PM would be answered :3 and to see who looks in my profile hehe ^-^

EDIT: o__O'' xD Such was not my intention.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
so tori-yama was PMing you eh...cant you guys just use MSN messenger or something :p

·
Registered
340 Posts
The censoring itself was better than hushypushy's email sensoring in the im so 1337 thread. not only was his e-mail address easy to guess, i deciphered most of it through the sensoring :)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
k well it says "SBC MAIL" and um....my address on every instant messaging and mail program known to mankind is

HUSHYPUSHY

want to find me on AIM? MSN? yahoo? IRC? take a wild guess what my username is! :???:

besides, all i did was take the finger tool in photoshop and rub it over it once, i was just swiping it out for hte quick glancers, i also didnt expect anyone to try to figure it out...is that what you do all day anyway since you cant play BF2???

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Tori-Yama said:
Not only that you brought that up although most user doesn't even know about it, you also blurred the name out but saved it named after the user !!! ... You are one sneaky Ninja dude.
Actually, I named it after the user who PM'd this user ;)

and hey, most users probably didnt know about that either, until you brought it up :p

Samor said:
well, and your name wasn't blurred out well enough.
Blind items are much more fun to predict if they are "slightly" exposed. ;p

Seriously, blame it on the thumbs! Try to enlarge the image and it's actually harder to decipher. ;)

·
Transcended
1,416 Posts
I used to know about this feature a few years ago, but after a revamp along the way, I kinda lost track where it is.

But it's funny though. Mine says:
Kraelis Viewing Attachment Battlefield2: Special Forces Announced

Er... Not even close... I don't even come within 50 meters of it. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts