Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of creating a gaming site with large scale content and was wondering if something like this can be achieved alone? How do I go about in finding a team?

·
Super Moderator
13,067 Posts
Alone with a great roadmap and design doc: doable, as long as you dont try reinventing the wheel and fire :p
It's nicer to have responsibilitites separated, such as someone handling the visual part (visual feel, theme, appearance...), another or 2 the actual coding...

Picking among the most capable and respected among your contacts or peers generally would be acceptably appropriate, given reasons to trust such 'outsiders'.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alone with a great roadmap and design doc: doable, as long as you dont try reinventing the wheel and fire :p
It's nicer to have responsibilitites separated, such as someone handling the visual part (visual feel, theme, appearance...), another or 2 the actual coding...

Picking among the most capable and respected among your contacts or peers generally would be acceptably appropriate, given reasons to trust such 'outsiders'.
Thanks! What do you mean by reinventing the wheel?

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
It's a good chance to learn PHP, ASP.NET, CGI-Perl or Coldfusion... or ActionScript 3.0 and Flash if you want a solid career in web design. :p

I think building something from scratch gives you a lot of experience, much more than putting stuffs together.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
It's decent, I think. Being based on PHP, it has quite a lot of potentials to extend beyond being a portal. Though also for being based on PHP, dynamic contents will have to rely on either JavaScript or Flash. It really depends on what you want to do on your website... either a website with thousands of free online games, or a website with gaming reviews and stuffs... etc...

Gaming website with large-scale contents is pretty general imo, you need more details?

Based on the large-scale contents logic, actually, all websites have immeasurable ammount of data and contents... so let's just say... as soon as you start a website, it already has large-scale contents.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's decent, I think. Being based on PHP, it has quite a lot of potentials to extend beyond being a portal. Though also for being based on PHP, dynamic contents will have to rely on either JavaScript or Flash. It really depends on what you want to do on your website... either a website with thousands of free online games, or a website with gaming reviews and stuffs... etc...

Gaming website with large-scale contents is pretty general imo, you need more details?

Based on the large-scale contents logic, actually, all websites have immeasurable ammount of data and contents... so let's just say... as soon as you start a website, it already has large-scale contents.
I want to post my written stradegy guides/video guides (written guides made from microsoft office and adobe acrobat) and also have a forum for each game.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
*totally a Flash developer*
...I would so turn that website into one HTML with a bunch of SWFs because... it's more fun that way.

But anyway, that aside, it's just as it is. Joomla should be more than enough for that.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
*totally a Flash developer*
...I would so turn that website into one HTML with a bunch of SWFs because... it's more fun that way.

But anyway, that aside, it's just as it is. Joomla should be more than enough for that.
ahahah! What part(s) of the website would you make into SWF? :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts