Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have yet to emulate anything and I have tried every version.
I'm running Windows XP Pro SP1 on a XP2200+, 768 DDR-RAM, GF4 TI-4200, DirectX 9, Latest nvidia 44.03.

I get the following error message:

Emu (0xE10): Recieved Fatal Message ->

IDirect3D8::CreateDevice failed (Invalid Display Settings?)

I have tried every possible video setup in CXBX and I have tried starting the program in different windows resolutions and colordepths. Nothing helps :(

What can be wrong here?

·
Registered
36 Posts
i had that issue when i had a nvidia card with xp

·
Registered
36 Posts
If i remember right to fix that u got to set the drivers for the mircosoft ones instead of the nvidia ones not sure if that will help u

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no way I will run the MS drivers. That can't be a requirement for CXBX.

I sent a debug log to Caustik but no reply or anything

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Maybe an option is checked within CXBX that your card does not support or something ... Only a guess. Just trying to help ... :)

edit: Just because you send something to someone doesnt mean they can reply right away. He is very busy ATM with the emulator itself. Dont expect him to reply to you either. Not because he's mean or anything but very busy. ;) Im just saying dont get your hopes up on a reply.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I forgot to ask, is it only on this emulator or on other programs too

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no other programs have problems now, except Battle Field 1942. It could not start either. I think it was same problem with invalid gfx mode. This was with both GF3 and GF4 and different driver versions

·
Registered
36 Posts
It looks like what happen to me with my old nvidia card, change the drivers to the mircosoft ones and i think that will fix the proplem. When I did that though it made my open gl not work

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Exactly... I can't use those old MS drivers which don't have opengl.. Then I can't play Enemy Territory anymore ;)

I guess I'll just have to wait till error is fixed, if ever

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't think they ever will lol

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
@kcar181. Thanks for tip. It stopped the 3d8 error but I still can't run ESPN NBA 2nite 2002. I now get a black screen only. Help any1?
Judging from the current pace, I'd expect a reply sometime around 2023.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
@kcar181. Thanks for tip. It stopped the 3d8 error but I still can't run ESPN NBA 2nite 2002. I now get a black screen only. Help any1?
Please check the date before replying to any threads. This particular thread is 10 years old. So if you need further assistance, please feel free to create a new thread. :)

Since I don't have that game, I can't test it or work with it either. I'm primarily limited to games that I own so if it doesn't work, there's nothing I can do for you in the immediate future. Sorry.

Shogun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.