Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello MF members, :evil:

I have Genesis ROMs with file extension .gen & .bin and I'm using CdGenPs program to convert this games into ISO file to burn it to CD and play in PS2. Everything work fine except Genesis ROMs with gen extension only don't show on screen to play it. So what should I do to make .gen extension work prefect ?

Best Regards,
Q8Xbox

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This is a joke right? Is this a joke?
I hope so, but apparently not :heh:

you should try it on your PS3 Mr. Xbox.
I Create CD using the same program before and work fine with PS2 but when i discovered that the program didn't work with .gen extension i change file extension to .bin and burn it agian twice on both CD and DVD but didn't work at all ?!! :(

I'm using UltraISO for burning the ISO file :cool:

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think CdGenPs actually lets you select the number of roms and then burns it onto a CD along with the emulator files readable by a PS2.

BTW, did you change your cd-r/dvd-r media brand? Some brand names actually does not work too well on a PS2 (I think there are lists on the internet that says which ones work and which doesn't)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will tell you what i did ?

1- Create folder name ROMS included genesis game with both .gen and .bin extension.
2- Open CdGenPS2 v3 and put this files on it ( PGENRC2.ELF, SJDATA.IRX, PGEN.DAT, SYSTEM & ROMS ).
3- Create ISO file using the same program ( CdGenPS2 v3 )
4- Burn ISO file using UltraISO to CD-R

The CD work prefect on PS2 but i discovered that the program didn't show game with .gen extension in the game list only show game with .bin extension. I change all game that have .gen extension into .bin extension it's work fine on my computer but when i convert it to ISO and Burn it on CD-R or DVD-R using UltraISO my PS2 can't read the CD/DVD, i don't know why ?

firyace,
Is it possible to give me the list, please ?

Best Regards,
Q8Xbox

·
Registered
146 Posts
geez whats wrong with u guys, he is only ask how turn *.gen to *.bin

hey mr.xbox try check this place Genesis Utilities - Zophar's Domain n find GROM utility i don't know it support gen or only smd/bin format but i guess u should try it yourself

·
Registered
146 Posts
@^
he's already able to play it, but only for *.bin genesis extension ....so he need convert those *.gen to *.bin not just rename

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.