Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been playing Ganbare Goemon 1 for PSX and up until this point its been playing PERFECTLY. I've gotten pretty far into the game on the 3rd to last stage when I get to this boss. Its good up through the first part of the fight, but halfway into beating him just after he loses his arms (his second form) the entire thing crashes and I get this error:

SPEC Opcode 0f UNK (PC 00182e4) (001182e0) (168873, 14)

I have NO idea what that means. I've tried changing settings, changing plugins, etc. I'm currently using Pete's Open GL Driver as my video plugin.

i'd hate to get this far into the game only to discover that its totally unplayable but I have no idea what to do and I'm about ready to give up. :(

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise I
'll have to scrap the whole project. :(

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
try using a different version of ePSXe, or even PSXeven. are you playing on CD or ISO?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hushypushy said:
try using a different version of ePSXe, or even PSXeven. are you playing on CD or ISO?
If I switch emulators I may have to start the whole thing over if PSXeven isnt compatible with ePSXe's savestate/memcard features and I'd reeeeeeeeeally hate to do that considering how far in I am.

ISO, BIN/CUE format. You're saying an older version of ePSXe may fix the problem?

EDIT: FIXED IT :D

I switched the previous version and it worked like a charm. The boss in his second and third forms started pulling crazy special effects that I havent even seen in this game out of his rear end. :p

Thank you so much for your help. Appreciate it greatly.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
just FYI, PSXeven/PCSX/ePSXe/dexdrive and some other saves are compatible. just get PSXmemtool and convert em.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts