Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I am sure someone has done this, but I can't find(or understand the ones I do find) so I am making this. So I am trying to play digimon world 3 on epsxe. The problem is that when I've played the game for about one or two minutes, then it will make my computer restart. Please help.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
then something is wrong with your computer.

run memtest.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Make sure you let memtest run for a few cycles. Sounds like it could also be an overheating problem, first off get motherboard monitor or something similar so you can see your CPU temperature(s). Depending on what you have for a video card it may or may not have a panel for checking the temperature so you may need to download an application to do so. Basically you want to have the temps visible or logging to a file and do exactly whatever it is that makes your PC crash to see what the temperatures were at the time of the crash.

These are the first things to check although it could still be a number of other things, however it definitely sounds like a hardware problem.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
is this the only thing that you have seen your system crash with? it does sound like it is related to something outside of epsxe but if that is the case then it could also occur with other programs as well. can you post your system specs, O/S included?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No it doesn't happen with any other programs, just this one.
Computer Type: ACPI Uniprocessor PC
CPU: Intel Cleron D 340, 2933MHz
RAM: 248mb

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
can you run the BIOS and keep it going for while without the crash being triggered? does this occur with any game you try to play or is it somehow limited to the one you mentioned earlier?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good News and Bad News

Good News: The game run perfectly now. Don't know what happened. I deleted some big files of stuff I don't use then ran it. Also maybe it's because it was the only app open. Don't know don't care cause I can now play DW3

Bad News: When I exit the game(By pushing the X button on the window.) the music keeps playing as if the game is still going on. Also all programs are slow drastically after exiting. So is there a proper way of closing the game.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.