Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I put the game as directed and when I hit run just says it encountered a problem and its going to close. D: Anyone know why this happens and how to fix it :(

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
You really need to provide more information, like which game/s, which version, what are your specs and OS, did you use the correct savetype? etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm I'm trying to play Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, I have the newest version of the emulator, I used the first option to save ;o Im not sure if Im doing anything wrong.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
You are using the wrong savetype, the correct one is Eeprom 512kbit

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Well then you will have to tell me your PC specs as it runs fine for me.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
As in what you processor is, your graphics card, how much RAM you have, what Operating system you use, that sorta thing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Processor is the old one, the last one before the 2 core duo came out(Premium D) Graphics card its the one that came with it a crappy 118MB ._., RAM 1GB and Im operating on windows XP

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Is your graphics card an ATI or an nVidia card? because you have to set the emulator to the correct one. (in my case it's nVidia)

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
That's something else I think.

O well just try setting it to whatever it's currently not. Try updating the drivers for your graphics card (for that you need to know what it is though), update DirectX and download Visual C++ Runtimes from Microsofts website.

Otherwise you will just have to try a different emu, although they all struggle to run this game well. NeonDS also does not have sound at this stage by the way.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
You're welcome, sorry it's hard to locate the problem, I can only guess that either the emu can't use some instructions it was programmed with (either due to your hardware being too old/weak or an incorrect setting, more likely just weak hardware though which is missing the ability to carry out those commands) or your drivers and Visual C++ runtimes are not up to date and therefore don't allow for those instructions either.

I recommend using either no$gba or DeSmuME 0.9 at the moment by the way.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Ah, thanks for clarifying shash :)
I thought it might be something along those lines.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts