Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have gone through the FAQ's pages, read, and tried all of these, and I can't seem to fix this issue. The program crashes as soon as I try to RUN Bios, or RUN CD-ROM, issue is with version(s) 1.7.0, 1.6.0, and 1.5.2. It is the typical windows "This program has performed an illegal operation and must close" Error. "Click send or not send" Then it closes. I have downloaded the zlib1.dll and put it in the epsxe folder, from the one in the FAQ's and from 3 different sites, three different times with each. Same effect. The error report. Disabled DEP, no change.

Plug-ins; Video : Pete'sOpenGL2 Driver 2.9; Sound : Eternal SPU Plug-in 1.41; CD-Rom : P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver 1.4; Using original CD; Specs: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.01 GHz, 2GB Ram, NVidia GeForce 9800GT Graphics Card, Windows XP (SP3), VC 2008 SP1

Other Plug-in's attempted :: CD-ROM : Moody, 1 & 2; Video : D3D; Audio : None

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
do you get an error message of any kind from the emulator or your O/S? does it lock up and become unresponsive or does it close out on its own?

· Banned
35,081 Posts
download zlib1.dll and put it in the epsxe folder.

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
are you using sp3 with win xp?

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"For more information click here" --> Could you click that and describe what it says (when it crashes)?

Have you tried different CDR plugins? Internal / Sapu / Moody
1: HERE is the error report.

2: I have tried Moody, 1 and 2.

try disabling DEP.
Sorry, but I don't know what DEP means. Please elaborate?

· Banned
35,081 Posts
Google it, and you'll find out how to fix it at the same time.

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
this might be a problem with OGL, try switching to the D3d or software plugin and see if there is any change in behavior. also make sure your drivers are up-to-date and anything related to DX as well.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
ok, sorry about that, i just encourage people to search for things when they aren't sure, it saves them having to wait longer.

do you have the VC2008 SP1 or VC2005 SP1 runtimes installed?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
this might be a problem with OGL, try switching to the D3d or software plugin and see if there is any change in behavior. also make sure your drivers are up-to-date and anything related to DX as well.
I have tried the D3D plug-in and there is no software one. But with the D3D one, there isn't a giant black screen, just a small see through one. All drivers are up to date, always are.

ok, sorry about that, i just encourage people to search for things when they aren't sure, it saves them having to wait longer.

do you have the VC2008 SP1 or VC2005 SP1 runtimes installed?
I has VC 2005 SP1, downloaded and installed VC 2008 SP1, resulting change : None.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.