Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all.

Reading in various threads i got quite confused. In sense i wonder if, in order to run Dolphin at full speed, is more important a good cpu (dual core better than quad i read) or a good graphic card.

In other words ...

1) better a dual core extreme (ecc:D) with a crappy graphic card

or

2) a q9400 (quad core so slower for dolphin i think) with a HD Radeon 4870 ??

or

3) a Intel Core i7 920 (brand new processor... i don't know if it's dual core or quad) with crappy graphic card

Thx for all answers

·
Final Fantasy XXX
2,425 Posts
Never get a crappy graphic card for emulation or for anything else for that matter... If you know how to overclock then it doesn't matter if you get a dual core or a quad core...just make sure they're Intel core2 processors. And if you don't know how to overclock then buy something with 3Ghz or higher cpu.

·
Registered
8 Posts
you need One processor Double Core Obligatory and 8600gt is a example

i have dual core 2.0ghz (is a slow proccesor but is double core ) and 9800gt 128sp ( is a excellent video card) i run very nice full fps all games wii and GC but the proccesor is overclocked 3.1Ghz, in 2.0 is 40 a 45 fps

before i have one ati x1550 512mb i a slow graphic and games GC 15-20 fps only ok man is a example all good luck :D

·
Time Lord
2,067 Posts
The only chip Intel has thats better than any chips from AMD is the massively overpriced i7, and frankly you would have to have more money than brain cells (a true statement about many intel fanboys) to consider buying it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well, I think CPU... trust me, In the past I had pentium, celerons, and some amd ones... but even with a crappy card, you can replace that crappy card later, cpus are expensive, so you cant change them because it sucks a lot xD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.