Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
CPS-3 dumps have been available for a long time, so I'm guessing you mean it's encryption..

I wouldn't say soon, it took Razoola a long time to crack CPS-2..

And, it's doubtful MAMEdev will support CPS-3 encryption unless the algo is given to them, this time.. And since most standalone emulators are not only using CPU cores and the like from MAME, but also conforming to other aspects of it, they may follow suit..

Not to mention, there are only 6 CPS-3 games, and they all pretty much suck ;)

·
Registered
965 Posts
War-Zard/Red Earth (1996)
Street Fighter III - New Generation (1997)
Street Fighter III - Second Impact (1997)
Street Fighter III - Third Strike (1999)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure/Jojo's Venture (1999)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - Heritage for the Future (1999)

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i used to play sf series since year 1990 ( or 1991? ), but after i learned to play kof98, i dont play sf anymore. Sf3 has very good graphics, but i cant stand it while the character has to take god damn long time to stand up after they fall down on the floor....

Anyway, the sf series which i liked the most was sf zero 2.

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
CPS-3 wouldn't be much cool anyway... SF3 sucks, SFZERO2 and 3 are better and their hardware are inferior.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
sf3... not THAT bad

oh come on guys
SF3 isn't that bad. I personally never got serious about it, just sometimes play with Ken.
It does have the super cancel feature (otherwise only in EX series i believe) And the fighting itself has improved (smoother actions, etc)
it does take some getting used to. I wouldnt agree with Ryos.

I do agree that SFA2 is one of the best, but that is largely the same game as SF2 and stuff, just different characters. They're just versions of SF2; SF3 is a true "sequel" to SF2.

and the fact that Capcom has made 3 of them means there is a substantial fan base for the series.

I really wouldnt mind having this game emulated. In the mean time I believe DC owners have a pretty good port of it.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
> and the fact that Capcom has made 3 of them means there is a
> substantial fan base for the series.

I never said the people who liked the series wouldn't want to play it. I just said they were basically the same. Of course, I'm also terrible at fighting games, so I may be biased in my opinions on them.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: sf3... not THAT bad

Originally posted by takwu
and the fact that Capcom has made 3 of them means there is a substantial fan base for the series.

Capcom made the secomd impact within a short period after the first sf3 came out to replace the first one, becouse most of the gamers couldnt accept the fact that the new version of sf3 could be that sucky........the most stupid thing capcom did was, we can use only one kind of super combo......what kind of funny option was that........

Anyway, different people has different opinions and different tastes,some may like it but some may not.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Ryos,
I never said you said blah :p
i only said that i wouldnt agree with what you said, nothing more...

Nightmare,
i believe limiting to one super does have it's advantages; ie. makes it more fun for certain people. well apparently not for you :)
i do find that since the Alpha series, we have way too many supers. Kinda lost it's original meaning.
the first game with super move would be Samurai Showdown, I think, and first SF with super is of course Super Street Fighter II Turbo.
Back then, when you use a super, you really do something "super". you can't do it until almost the end of the round, and when you do it it doesn't always hit, so you gotta be sure. but when you do it and it hits, it's "holyshmoly".
And then, Alpha came around. you can do super every 15 seconds or so, you got 2 or 3 to choose from, and there are different levels. It's just part of the fighting routine now. I'm not saying they're good for nothing, but they're just not same thing anymore (not as much fun).
back to SF3. limiting to one super kinda restricts the use for it. So you dont wanna use it all the time (no matter which one you choose), kinda like the old days :)

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont like sf3 not becouse i can choose only one super combo, but the main reason is because the game speed is too slow :( ( if u ever played kof series (either 98 or 99 ) and i think u will agree :) ) , they jump too slow and move too slow :(

And for sf zero2, i dont use super combo so often,what i liked was custom combos which sometimes can do more damages than the super combo,and which is more fun than using super combos,it is the main reason why i liked sf zero2 :)

And i stop playing sf series after i addicted to kof series, but kof series have way too many bugs :(

If a game can have game play as good as kof and as stable as sf , then it will be perfect, i think. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm sure DarkAbyss, Razoola, and the other encryption crackers will have plenty of fun picking the locks on the hardware. And I'm also sure plenty of gamers are going to appreciate their efforts. I could care less if the games sucked or not (never actually played a CPS-3 game), I'd just like to see if the whole thing could be done.

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Originally posted by Nightmare
I dont like sf3 not becouse i can choose only one super combo, but the main reason is because the game speed is too slow :( ( if u ever played kof series (either 98 or 99 ) and i think u will agree :) ) , they jump too slow and move too slow :(

And for sf zero2, i dont use super combo so often,what i liked was custom combos which sometimes can do more damages than the super combo,and which is more fun than using super combos,it is the main reason why i liked sf zero2 :)

And i stop playing sf series after i addicted to kof series, but kof series have way too many bugs :(

If a game can have game play as good as kof and as stable as sf , then it will be perfect, i think. :)
Hmm, I didn't like the KOF series as much. There were way too many annoying things about the game (invincible dodge, cheap throws, etc.), plus the characters look very dated. The only SNK fighting games I play are Real Bout Special, Real Bout 2, Samurai Shodown 4, Last Blade 2 and Garou: MOTW. I've only played SF3 a couple of times but it looks to be a solid game (I don't think it's slow at all). I've always been a fan of Capcom and their games but I really liked SNK's latest couple of games. Too bad they went bakdrupt...

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Demigod79
I've always been a fan of Capcom and their games but I really liked SNK's latest couple of games. Too bad they went bakdrupt...
I had been a capcom fighting games fan since year 1990 ( or 1991 ??? ) , i didnt mean to say the fighting games they makes nowaday suck, but just not suit my taste anymore.......

Yea....too bad SNK went bankrupt...... :(

·
Registered
965 Posts
Originally posted by GopherBroke
I'm sure DarkAbyss, Razoola, and the other encryption crackers will have plenty of fun picking the locks on the hardware. And I'm also sure plenty of gamers are going to appreciate their efforts. I could care less if the games sucked or not (never actually played a CPS-3 game), I'd just like to see if the whole thing could be done.
I'd be more impressed if the actual algorithm and decryption key was figured out this time, rather than nothing but hoarded xor tables..

·
Registered
965 Posts
Oh yes, aren't you special.

MAMEdev and loads of others have had CPS-3 dumps for the longest time.

And don't offer your wank stuff on this board.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.