Next Generation Emulation banner
161 - 180 of 189 Posts

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
I think Doom 3 looks better than Half-Life 2, may not run better or be as "accessable" for modding, but i think for the atmosphere it added to doom 3 (one of the only things it had going for it) it was far and beyond the best looking engine thus far. (Don't even start and that low res texture crap enless you have a computer you think could even run higher res textures or $5000 to blow on one). Half-Life 2 has physics going for it, and nice modelling (graphics wise), but the textures and perfectly square enviorments dont strike me as awesome...they did 2 years ago when i was actually excited about HL2, but not anymore.

(trying to keep this as flame-free as possible for the sake of people hating my opinions :D)

·
band
4,912 Posts
LOL and i never said that CS:S wasnt fun :) lol its the only pc game i have installed and play!! heeheh i too await the coming of HL2.

may our ati cards rejoice :evil:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
CS isnt usualy the overdone game blizzard style, because it has a relatively small team maintaining it.. I sure hope they would increase that manpower on it, giving out new models\maps and textures ..

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
ChaosBlade said:
CS isnt usualy the overdone game blizzard style, because it has a relatively small team maintaining it.. I sure hope they would increase that manpower on it, giving out new models\maps and textures ..
I guess that updates to CS:S will come once DOD:S is done and released.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Just wanna invite people to join my CS:S dedicated server. You can connect to the server by 68.146.20.116:27015.

I invite all members with over 200 posts to wear the [NGEmu] tag :)

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
I'll try it out once i get HL2 (tomorrow hopefully, enless UPS starts bein crappy again). Don't Expect me to stay long since i suck and don't like CS :rolleyes:. But i'll try my best to be friendly about it :p

·
I've Changed
298 Posts
Hmmm. Pre-ordered HL2 from GameStop. Got HL2 complete w/CS Source the day it first came out. Paid $54.95 (US dollars) minus $5.00 pre-order amount which I had already paid to reserve a copy. Total cost paid on the day it was released $49.95 (US dollars). Did same deal w/Halo 2. Only way to go for me.
sx/amiga

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
sxamiga said:
Hmmm. Pre-ordered HL2 from GameStop. Got HL2 complete w/CS Source the day it first came out. Paid $54.95 (US dollars) minus $5.00 pre-order amount which I had already paid to reserve a copy. Total cost paid on the day it was released $49.95 (US dollars). Did same deal w/Halo 2. Only way to go for me.
sx/amiga
Ordered it on Thursday, Shipped on Friday for $41.50, but technically i only paid $9.75 :p. My mom owed me a fat wad of cash.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
It suffers from the occasional lag spike. Few and spread out, but so far it is running smoothly :)

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
What country you leave in? I doubt I'll get a low ping if you're in US :p

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Wow bit laggy here :p 300 Ping. But oh well

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Im in Southern Alberta, Western Canada.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Doh', I couldn't find someone farther away than you on the whole north emipshere :(
I'll get a ping above 500 for sure :p

161 - 180 of 189 Posts