Next Generation Emulation banner
141 - 160 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
U sure? oO somehow i doubt it, HL2 will be released in less then 2 days and last time i checked DoD:S development it was still along way to go. Lets hope im wrong ^^

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
AFAIK, DOD Source is the same thing as Half Life Source, old graphics with the new physics engine and a few shaders here and there, nothing that takes too long.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Theres some other stuff they SHOULD add, some multiplayer commands like- vote, votemap, nextmap, kick....

·
Registered
496 Posts
Raziel said:
AFAIK, DOD Source is the same thing as Half Life Source, old graphics with the new physics engine and a few shaders here and there, nothing that takes too long.
Nope. They're taking their time with this one. Not really even close to release. They're doing more than a port, otherwise, it would have been released at the same time as CS: Source. They're redoing more textures to make it look better, and just making it a overall, better game. At least from what I've read. :)
- Modem

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Yeah DOD:S is an overhaul of graphics & physics just like CS:S. But just like CS:S there isnt going to be new maps/modes/gameplay/features.

1 Day 6 Hours :D. Who is staying up till midnight to get they copy/unlock on steam :p?

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Reichfuher said:
Yeah DOD:S is an overhaul of graphics & physics just like CS:S. But just like CS:S there isnt going to be new maps/modes/gameplay/features.
Oh that just makes me want it so so much more oO. They seriously need to add something...to something...

·
band
4,912 Posts
Yeah DOD:S is an overhaul of graphics & physics just like CS:S
CS:S was an overhaul of graphics ???? lol

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Geez drop that already. No one is making you play.

Anyway its only getting released here at 8:00 AM :( Gonna drop school that day

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Dunno if it really is the truth since many ppl here dont share the same opinion as you 2 ;)

·
band
4,912 Posts
im sorry, i really cant see how CS:S was a graphical rehaul >.< but i think there have been other games that have taken that long to release and have taken a much bigger jump. ie. UT -> UT2003. perhaps my expections were too high in comparison to the "many ppl here"

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
D.D. said:
im sorry, i really cant see how CS:S was a graphical rehaul >.< but i think there have been other games that have taken that long to release and have taken a much bigger jump. ie. UT -> UT2003. perhaps my expections were too high in comparison to the "many ppl here"
my expectations weren't high at all and it still doesnt look that good. They did do a great job with weapon modeling and character modelling (aside from odd looking arms) though. But the levels are pretty bland.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
D.D. said:
what took so long to release was HL2 not CS:S ;) CS:S was made in few months and it was pretty much a favor to the fans. And HL2 is looking better then Doom 3 so it was a graphical rehaul.

·
band
4,912 Posts
i agree with the part about HL2 looking better than Doom 3 :) . but in saying that, u must also be saying that CS:S was not a graphical overhaul :p

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Well i never disagreed with the fact most of you wanted to see something better. If you read my posts i never said UT->UT2003 was worst then CS->CS:Source. i say to leave us alone and let us have fun. Couse i am having fun. Fact, and im having it with nicer graphics then before. And plus UT was a comercial game not a MOD so its perfectly understandable it had more effort into it. Anyway dont wann start a new flame.

Only 8 hours to Go!!!!!

141 - 160 of 189 Posts