Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
I don't really like CS, but I got the Silver package, so I decided to give it a shot. It's not too bad. Plays great at 1280*1024, looks great, and there are just as many lamers as regular CS, so it's right back to square one, but with better graphics, haha. Pretty fun if you can get a good group of people around your skill level, though. :)
- Modem

·
Registered
496 Posts
I think that the beta had bots, but there were disabled for some reason when the full CS:S was released. Perhaps they'll be re enabled once HL2 gets out on the 16th? And Steam does have a offline mode, so I'm guessing that it'd be possible to play it offline, but with bots, I have no clue how at this point.
- Modem

·
Registered
496 Posts
True. I'm probably going to host a lan with my friend in december. Seems to be a thing we do every year. We have a friend that has a 24 port router, and since we all have broadband, all the better. The party is usually fairly small, but with around 12 people, it can still kick some ass. Order 3 pizza's, get 6 12 packs of soda, or now, beer ect. since I've been old enough for almost 2 years, and we have everything within driving distance if needed... if no alcohol is involved, heh heh... life is good. :D

Oh, here's my test. All settings maxed 4X AA 16X AF
- Modem

P.S. Why the heck is ngemu so darn slow today?

·
Registered
496 Posts
the only time I seem to get slowdowns (and it's weird), is when a bomb goes off or something, then my FPS goes down to about 5 for about 3 seconds. But the weird thing, is that it only happens in one map... uhh... don't remember the name of it, though. It's not like the explosion is any better in that map than in any other, so I'm clueless. :)
- Modem

·
Registered
496 Posts
The only other game getting released in the source engine (any time soon) is Half-Life: Source. DoD: Source won't get released 'till who knows when, and Valve won't comment on TFC: Source 'till sometime after HL2 is released.
- MOdem

·
Registered
496 Posts
Raziel said:
AFAIK, DOD Source is the same thing as Half Life Source, old graphics with the new physics engine and a few shaders here and there, nothing that takes too long.
Nope. They're taking their time with this one. Not really even close to release. They're doing more than a port, otherwise, it would have been released at the same time as CS: Source. They're redoing more textures to make it look better, and just making it a overall, better game. At least from what I've read. :)
- Modem

·
Registered
496 Posts
I get anywhere from about 10 (close) to about 60-80 on the East Coast. I tend to not care where i play, but I try not to play anywhere over 100 ping. I can never usually keep a stable ping for anything over 100.
- Modem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts