Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
despite my opinions of HL2, i don't think i could pay $50+ for something and not be able to hold it in my hands...it's like paying for warez, which technically wouldn't make it warez but the idea is just kinda stupid to me :)

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Reichfuher said:
Problem is that you never know when hl-2 is going to be released. Sure you get CS:S right now, but what if HL2 is delayed 6 months like previous rumors? I will be purchasing the normal 6cds and I will hold out on dod/hl1:s for a while since you have no idea what they will be like!

I guess dont count your chickens before they hatch.
Oh my dear, what has the world come to. I actually agree with Reich on something regarding HL2...shoot me now.

Pre-Loading is kind of pointless. Sure it makes you feel good because hey, you got actual HL2 files on your pc, but the only benefit it gives you is saving 20 minutes of driving to an electronics store. And all it does is make you more anxious to get the game and if the game takes longer than expected to be released (if thats even any more possible) then you will be twice as pissed because you already have majority of the game but can't play it.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
ChaosBlade said:
It saves stress on the steam servers (remember, you need to have steam on your computer to play the game, EVEN THE STORE VERSION).
If steam is overloaded, you cant play in case there's the slightest update.
Good Point, but with the store version you wouldn't be putting stress on the steam servers, by downloading it you would be -_-.
Anyway, just bought HL2 silver, gonna enjoy cs:s abit and post some screenshots :
Because we haven't seen enough of those:???::???::???:

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
hushypushy said:
sweet i cant wait to see CS:S screenshots, these are the awesome levels we have been playing for the last 6 years only with BETTER GRAPHICS!
Exactly what i've been resisting the urge to say :p. People tend to get pissed off at me when i say something, bout time someone agreed with me :p

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
ChaosBlade said:
But like i said, playing with friends, or a group you know that are not cheating and are just trying to have fun, like LAN, can be pretty great.
CAN BE...but not all that much after you've played the only 3 maps worth playing and realized how repetative it gets :???:.
I agree that very large parts of the community, well, SUCK.
Understatement of the Century

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
D.D. said:
im sorry, i really cant see how CS:S was a graphical rehaul >.< but i think there have been other games that have taken that long to release and have taken a much bigger jump. ie. UT -> UT2003. perhaps my expections were too high in comparison to the "many ppl here"
my expectations weren't high at all and it still doesnt look that good. They did do a great job with weapon modeling and character modelling (aside from odd looking arms) though. But the levels are pretty bland.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
I think Doom 3 looks better than Half-Life 2, may not run better or be as "accessable" for modding, but i think for the atmosphere it added to doom 3 (one of the only things it had going for it) it was far and beyond the best looking engine thus far. (Don't even start and that low res texture crap enless you have a computer you think could even run higher res textures or $5000 to blow on one). Half-Life 2 has physics going for it, and nice modelling (graphics wise), but the textures and perfectly square enviorments dont strike me as awesome...they did 2 years ago when i was actually excited about HL2, but not anymore.

(trying to keep this as flame-free as possible for the sake of people hating my opinions :D)

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
sxamiga said:
Hmmm. Pre-ordered HL2 from GameStop. Got HL2 complete w/CS Source the day it first came out. Paid $54.95 (US dollars) minus $5.00 pre-order amount which I had already paid to reserve a copy. Total cost paid on the day it was released $49.95 (US dollars). Did same deal w/Halo 2. Only way to go for me.
sx/amiga
Ordered it on Thursday, Shipped on Friday for $41.50, but technically i only paid $9.75 :p. My mom owed me a fat wad of cash.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.