Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There we go, folks. Those of you with ATi vouchers can redeem it for a copy of CS:S right now and HL2 following soon, the rest who pre-ordered or buy it now, can play the game right now.

Have fun @ www.steampowered.com :)

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Meh. I want Half-Life 2. :cry:

·
Registered
511 Posts
ChaosBlade said:
There we go, folks. Those of you with ATi vouchers can redeem it for a copy of CS:S right now and HL2 following soon, the rest who pre-ordered or buy it now, can play the game right now.

Have fun @ www.steampowered.com :)
"HALF-LIFE 2 SILVER" here I come =)

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I got Gold for $49.95! YES!! :)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Alright! I already had beta and it unlocked the source files i downloaded for HL2. But its still downloading some files. 97% ^^ can't wait. Btw i got bronze since its from an ATI voucher.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I already had an ATI -Voucher.

$89.95 - Gold Package
-$49.95 - ATI Voucher Discount

$39.95 - Subtotal

$0.00 - FL Taxes
$10.00 - Shipping & Handling

$49.95 - TOTAL

I got the Gold package. lol :)
Can't wait to get all my merchandise! :)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah, i see. Enjoy your CS:S then, im going to buy the silver pack as soon as i can (which is next week prolly).

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Yeah i just noticed that. Very nice, i only have to pay up $10 to get what i want :p HL1 source.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Bought the Silver pack, I don't care about the cheap stuff they give with the gold pack :p

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Do they send you a physical copy of the game after it's released? Or you have to stick with the Steam DLed one? I'd like to go with silver or gold, but I want it on a DVD :p

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gold pack gets a box, not sure about CDs.
You can always make a copy of the Cache files like i did, 3.3gb in total, RARed them into 1.9gb and split into 3 CD-r's.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Yeah thats what i already did. After preloading HL2

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Yeah also thought that burning it to a DVDR could be fine, but who doesn't like to have
the original manual, bow and DVD when the money is spent?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cause it costs $80 ?

Cmon now.. you read the manual once ? twice ? during the install ?
if you dont mastrubate over the box, its useless .. (and thank god ppl dont do that O_O)

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
heh, given you get more stuff by buying online, I think the choice is quickly done when you have broadband.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Indeed, and ive preloaded HL2 and the rest like a week before, so its nice, having the option to play CS:S immediatly.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
I'm a materialist hehe :)
Well maybe I'll get it through steam then :p

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
despite my opinions of HL2, i don't think i could pay $50+ for something and not be able to hold it in my hands...it's like paying for warez, which technically wouldn't make it warez but the idea is just kinda stupid to me :)

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Problem is that you never know when hl-2 is going to be released. Sure you get CS:S right now, but what if HL2 is delayed 6 months like previous rumors? I will be purchasing the normal 6cds and I will hold out on dod/hl1:s for a while since you have no idea what they will be like!

I guess dont count your chickens before they hatch.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts