Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*Or if someone has a good suggestion for a SVN for running SSBM, that's welcome as well of course.

It's been ages since I updated Dolphin, so I decided to update. However, the newest SVN (and any random SVN's I tried) wasn't nearly as good as the one I used (as long as I had Dual-Core mode off (on, it would be too fast), SSBM stayed at a steady, normal speed. The other SVN's fall below the normal speed, even with Dual-Core mode on).

Luckily, I still have the gamesave that gave me a 100% completed SSBM game, and it doesn't work with other SVNs (or one close to it, but that information would be enough). So I was wondering if someone could see what SVN the save is for, by looking at the memory card data. It's attached to this post.

If I'm correct, it was something with 800, but I could be completely wrong (I tried a random 800-something, and it gave me a negative result). The SVN was downloaded from DolphinWX Download Page | Builds by Daco , in case that helps. And I use the X86 version.
---
The reason I updated, was because things stayed black (like the racers in the Big Blue level: all black, except the part you're standing on, that's colored). So if you know a solution for that, please let me know. If I'm correct, I used the OGL 0.1 plugin, because it worked great (the DX9 plugin had the same problem with blackness, but was also slower. I did think about this when I tried some SVNs, I set the OGL or Open GL plugin everytime).

·
Registered
143 Posts
theres nothing in any memcard to indicate which svn was used, the only indication is the gameid is there which tells me that you are after r677

·
aka BhaaL
221 Posts
DoState in State.cpp does have some sort of version flag, but this one seems to be pretty much ignored.
From the looks of it, I'd guess they want to use that in case either of the DoState methods changes, so that Savestates are not attempted to be loaded on a revision that does not support the old structure anymore. Seeing how r16xx and r17xx break when loading r15xx Saves, this is obviously not seriously used when changing anything.

- Jack

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too bad nothing was found. Thanks for the help anyway. I guess I'll have to take some random revisions after 677 until I find one that works just as well as the one I used.

Any suggestions which range of revisions I should try?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've tested a few and 1590 has worked the best for SSBM on my system, I get ~40 fps regularly, 20-30 with 3-4 active players/cpus in battle at once.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts