Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just recently modded my xbox and i was wondering as with other emulators could i install this onto my xbox and played the emulated games on there. Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
356 Posts
modding an XBoc is Illegal, and NGEmu doesn't really support that type of stuff but yeah there are emulator for XBoc and you can also install windows if you want but it all pretty pointless if your comp is better than your boc.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Hmmm... I haven't tried playing an emulator of console on a ... console ( I mean the xbox generation emulating psx console) and when that emu runs on win$h1t on that console :lol: could be fun ;)

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
in some countries like england are ilegal for example ;)

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Why it is considered as illegal? (not that its a big issue, its M$ afterall :laugh: ) Modding PS2 or GC and such is not AFAIK, especially when it comes to just playing legal import games and such.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
*sighs* from what I recall the law is that it's not illegal to purchase or to install chips for the Xbox, PS2 or GC, but it is illegal to sell them. However, owing to the grey nature of theis practice, we do not support it.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
True that modchips are used for piracy commonly, but modchips, not even selling shouldnt be illegal. (in common sense, that is. Unfortunately common sense and laws not always fit together) Its wierd they restrict selling a piece of chips & plastic that has POSSIBILITY of illegal usage. I wonder why they sells PCs nowadays anymore... ;)

BUT this is OT anyway, so lets drop this discussion.

·
Registered
356 Posts
In the US Modchips are illegal under the DMCA. They are illegal because they allow to circumvent (get around) the copy protection on the PS2 Xboc. There's a way around this and that is if you get a Modchip this is blank, and then you flash them with the files yourself.

Sorry for getting off topic but I did a whole project on thid stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
MaZa said:
True that modchips are used for piracy commonly, but modchips, not even selling shouldnt be illegal. (in common sense, that is. Unfortunately common sense and laws not always fit together) Its wierd they restrict selling a piece of chips & plastic that has POSSIBILITY of illegal usage. I wonder why they sells PCs nowadays anymore... ;)

BUT this is OT anyway, so lets drop this discussion.
Agreed. As it's been said, this is grey area. I don't think further discussion on this topic will serve nothing. Thatcher, just try for yourself. No support here, sorry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.