Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i know it may be out of line what i'm gonna ask but i'm desperate
i played chrono cross and really enjoyed it but i got to the part at marbule and when i try to enter marbule the emu can't read the cd. this because the cd is scratched just at this spot.
so what i wanna ask is:
i attach here my memory card with save just be4 marbule.
could someone please take it and do the marbule bit for me (as i read in a walkthrough it's 1-2 min, so no hassle) and attach it again so i could continue playing? (i can't without doing this bit coz it triggers stuff to happen later)

and d/ling the image would take a week on my slowass modem.
so if anyone could help me out i would be in huge debt to him.

much thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
i dont play this game...
but if your cd is scratched, you can try and fix it with specific tools, and they dont cost that much.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
No it doesn't. Unless you use rocks or somthing else as toothpaste. You rub some toothpaste on and then wash it off with water (water doesn't ruin your CDs either :p )

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
yeah.. toothpaste seems to work fine, but remember to wipe the CD with the motion from center to out or vv. If you rub it in a circular motion you'll probably make your cd unreadable. :D

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
eb has something called GameDoctor i think
what it does is remove a thin layer off the surface of the cd, so that the scratch is gone along with it.
or you can get one of those paste (i dont know about tooth paste) that covers the scratch. doesnt work very well tho.

also, clean your cd first. sometimes it looks like a scratch but is really not, and cleaning might make it work.

to test it, just rinse; run water over it, and do not touch it with anything.

if the cd is clean enough, the water should slide off easily. if _big_ water drops remain, run slow water and slowly take cd away from it. if you can make no water drop remain, that means your cd is as clean as it gets :)

if _small_ water drops remain, that means something is stuck on your cd. clean with your fav method :(

if a REAL scratch is on the cd, a steak of water should be left along it. that's when you need to repair the cd :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts