7,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let the pics speak for themselves. :guitar:

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Stability anyone? :laugh:

I apologize for this thread, I just was so overjoyed being able to achieve such an OC. I had to let it out. :yawn:

·
band
4,912 Posts
nice :) and i hope ur test for stability = at least 12 hrs of Prime95 and 12 Hrs of Memtest86...else u mite become like SzL ;)

EDIT : LoL...a little later than ipswitch i was

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Hah, tomorrow we will see another "cpu bbq" thread by cooliscool :p Hope you have better luck then you have been with hardware, nice overclock :)

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hehe, I'm praying for stability and life in this CPU. ;) I'm going to P95 when I go to sleep till I wake up (usually around 12 hrs ;)).

Thanks for the comments guys.

Oh yeah.. I told everyone else on IRC how I killed my GF4 Ti last night.. I used Zalman Thermal Adhesive to hold the CPU HSF I had onto it.. well, it didn't apply correctly, and was overheating badly, so I decided to try and take the HS off and redo it. Bad mistake, that stuff had already cured and is f00king tough. It took the whole GPU with it, still stuck on the HSF. :D Ah well. I'm running an Asus 5200U right now until my replacement 9600XT gets here this week.

Enjoy the pics. :lol:

edit: P95ing now @ 50c with a $12 Copper Cooler and AS5. :)

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
cooliscool said:
Hehe, I'm praying for stability and life in this CPU. ;) I'm going to P95 when I go to sleep till I wake up (usually around 12 hrs ;)).

Thanks for the comments guys.

Oh yeah.. I told everyone else on IRC how I killed my GF4 Ti last night.. I used Zalman Thermal Adhesive to hold the CPU HSF I had onto it.. well, it didn't apply correctly, and was overheating badly, so I decided to try and take the HS off and redo it. Bad mistake, that stuff had already cured and is f00king tough. It took the whole GPU with it, still stuck on the HSF. :D Ah well. I'm running an Asus 5200U right now until my replacement 9600XT gets here this week.

Enjoy the pics. :lol:

edit: P95ing now @ 50c with a $12 Copper Cooler and AS5. :)
:rotflmao:
will there be a viedo taped destroy ceremony soon?

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
man, that's an insane OC you got there. if i were you i'd run 48 hours of prime95, just in case. btw, you've killed a ton of hardware so far, i'm so proud! (ah yes, my 3 dead hard drives, dead sempron 2200+, among other things)

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Esturk said:
Holy **** cooliscool.. You should seriously make a list of hardware you've destroyed.:p:lol:
I'm afraid that would be nearly impossible, given how much I've killed, hehe. :smash: I'm really suprised I never killed the Tually or the Asus TUSL2-C.. it's still working beautifully at 1.8GHz. :)

I totally raped the GF4 Ti.. burned, cracked in half, totally screwed (albeit not as bad as WEXP's CPU ;)). I'll post some pics soon.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Cooliscool you would have to dig a very deep grave to fit all your destroyed hardware into it :p I wouldnt sleep while p95'ing on that o/c just incase it decides too.. melt or something :p

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WindHydra said:
How did you fund all these? oO
I don't even know. :lol:

·
Registered
289 Posts
cooliscool said:
I'm afraid that would be nearly impossible, given how much I've killed, hehe. :smash: I'm really suprised I never killed the Tually or the Asus TUSL2-C.. it's still working beautifully at 1.8GHz. :)

I totally raped the GF4 Ti.. burned, cracked in half, totally screwed (albeit not as bad as WEXP's CPU ;)). I'll post some pics soon.
Me too, I have destroyed a very big amount of computer hardware through the years. :innocent:

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
I haven't destroyed nearly as much hardware as you guys have but still. How do you fund this stuff. Like with all that money... couldn't you just buy an alienware computer... and then severly overclock that puppy. Or do you get your harware at *discount* prices. ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
cooliscool, one thing for sure, you'll never borrow any hardware from me :p

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Coolsvilleman said:
I haven't destroyed nearly as much hardware as you guys have but still. How do you fund this stuff. Like with all that money... couldn't you just buy an alienware computer... and then severly overclock that puppy. Or do you get your harware at *discount* prices. ;)

Alienware can lick my balls.. I'd much rather keep building my own. :rolleyes: Much more rewarding, and you know how everything is done.

Raz: Aww you meanie. :cry:

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
Coolsvilleman said:
well out here in the west, it's all about FRY'S ELECTRONICS!! that, and sharing. everyone gets computer parts that they need to pass on...after a few computers you have enough spare parts to begin building computers out of that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts