Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hehe, besides me, Elly and eternal11, no other members I'm aware of have their nick in katakana. I just thought of this while I saw the current online members showing the three of us.

AFAIK I was the first one who had my nick in katakana so, Elly and eternal11 pay me some money ;)

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Pay up guys! :p

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Eh, I'm not fond of the nicks, sigs, and other stuff in non-English alphabets. Sure, I can read it... at least the Japanese and Korean (although I don't think there's any Korean on these boards that I've noticed), but alot of people can't, which isn't cool. Plus, because it uses a non-Western character set, some people may not even be able to display it properly in the first place.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
My opinion is the same as Rhombus' (though, unlike him, I cannot read these languages :p )

I feel quite frustrated by members with japanese nicks, specially Elly - it makes it so hard to quote him :p

G

·
yes, but I could randomly type some characters as a nick; but then even myself wouldn't know what it says. kinda dangerous.
I'm just assuming the people using it know what and will keep it within forum rules ;)

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
I don't have a clue about jap chars... therefore I don't like them (they look fancy tho)...
Ditto ;)

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Samor said:
yes, but I could randomly type some characters as a nick; but then even myself wouldn't know what it says. kinda dangerous.
I'm just assuming the people using it know what and will keep it within forum rules ;)
Well, we like jpop (most of us) and we don't have a clue about what they are singing... for all we know they could be singing about world domination with flowers and hugs!!

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
>AFAIK I was the first one who had my nick in katakana so, Elly and eternal11 pay me some money

Actualy, I did it first, ages ago.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
Hence the "(most of us)", go to the IRC channel... rarely you see a "now playing" which isn't a Japanese song... ;)
Except for myself and N1ghtw0lf ;)

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Boltzmann said:
Except for myself and N1ghtw0lf ;)
Well you rarely are around... as for N1ghtw0lf, lately he keeps his anime-dislike to himself so he doesn't count ;)

Samor said:
haha. weirdos :p
That's not even the beginning of the story... you should see the (unlicensed) anime they download... oh and their talks about it... that is what you would call weird ;)

1 - 20 of 194 Posts