Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What causes corruption of data? It happened to me for Tales of the Abyss so I transferred all my save data to a new blank memory card and deleted the corrupted one.

Apparently something about savestating after saving normally and loading that save can cause issues? I am not sure...loading as in...load the savestate or load normally? So are savestates safe to use?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
loading a savestate from before having done a memory card save is usually the breaking point

·
Banned
23,263 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Yeah, if you do a savestate (with F1), then do a memory card save, then load your savesate you did (with F3) and then save to memory card again.
That's where trouble *can* happen. We have a safety measure for that, but depending on the game it might not work always.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much! Oh and one more thing, though not related to corrupt data (just wanted to minimise the number of threads). For Tales of the Abyss right, for some reason, my game has this weird echo effect in certain locations. Like my characters will have a ghostly after image overlapping him/her. Any ideas why?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The reason is that there's problem in the way hardware rendering works when you use upscaling.
To fix it, set the D3D internal resolution to native.
Of course the game looks like crap then, so you're stuck with the ghosting (at least till someone smart comes out with a fix :p ).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.