Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh ****! Just realized its existence today. oO

DFI LanParty JR X58-T3H6 MicroATX LGA1366 Mainboard Review - X-bit labs

Made by none other than DFI. Their last stunt was shrinking a P45 down to mATX form factor, but really... this is just too much. To top it off, it does have some overclockability to boast.

Core i7 3.6GHz in mATX form factor? One can only dream... :drool: It still has the two PCI-E x16 slots so you can probably squeeze two dual-slot monsters in there. Quad-SLI GTX 295 in mATX form, anyone?

So that's that. Just a bit of shocking news... right after that AGP HD 4770. I wonder what they'll think of next... a Mini ITX computer capable of running Crysis on Ultra High? :evil:

:eek:nthepull If you ask me, Phil, that is very likely my next build.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
ah.. watch out, you might look like a noob there.

DFI imo, are the only equivalents to Asus.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Okay, I understand it's nice having a small form factor so you can fit it in a smaller case. But ultimately isn't it much more convenient to have an ATX sized mobo in order to have more space to work with and to make it easier getting a proper airflow?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Okay, I understand it's nice having a small form factor so you can fit it in a smaller case. But ultimately isn't it much more convenient to have an ATX sized mobo in order to have more space to work with and to make it easier getting a proper airflow?
not necessarily.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mmm... like Squall said. Not necessarily. I'll prove that to you with my latest build... when it's done. ;)

Gaming PC
>SMALL

I think we've got something wrong here!
Gaming = efficient + compact.

I think we've mistaken something here. :innocent: I most definitely don't like a game box that is.. too heavy and large. I mean... something about twice the size of a PS3 is about right. If not then the PS3 would be my choice because... it occupies less space than that box and it can be moved around easily. (PS3 for reference because it's the largest console of this generation)

I don't need to remind you of a certain person's rants about how inefficient games have been lately? ;p

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice j/k .

disabling hyper threading makes its quiet cool
Still too hot for comfort, especially in a very cramp space. I'm talking about the kind of cramp that only allows you to install coolers that are about the same height as the stock Intel's one.

That's not to mention Intel already pumped out a new line of Core 2 Quad with reduced TDP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.