1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Final Fantasy XXX
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
315 Posts
Still 95w and still a new socket, motherboards may not be much cheaper than the other socket 1366. Strange Integrated Memory Controller doesn't make DDR3 1600.

·
Registered
315 Posts
the thing about Integrated Memory Controller is for all new processor including i5 and i7 at least thats what posted in the 2º site in a image.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Am I glad I got my hardware when I did...naming conventions are about to get confusing as hell...

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
core i7 is not living up to expectations that much

·
Registered
147 Posts
Because we keep on changing mobo just to run certain cpu, so as long as the game do not get too powerful for current pc.

So those who cannot afford can wait for 5 years if nothing that need more power is out like pc games or emulators that is power hungry.

·
Registered
694 Posts
300 bucks for a quad core i7 920... is not something i would say is bad considering its new tech and all. i cant see them being able to justify an entirely different socket architecture for their budget line up.

as for the name? might as well call it the phenom 2.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
erm i7>i5 saddan...

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Yet it's the new budget option XD

·
Final Fantasy XXX
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Next-gen processors required next-generation motherboards because Nehalem Core CPUs are bigger, thus required a different/bigger socket.

·
Final Fantasy XXX
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I thought the thread title was self-explainatory but I guess some people just need a little guide to a better interpretation...

Ever since Nahalem launched it was meant for extreme desktops/workstations, high-end desktops and servers. This is why you see motherboard priced at $250-300 USD and upward which is obviously not cheap! And now Intel is planning on launching a "mainstream" Core i7, which will be named Core i5. Therefore mainstream consumers can comfortably purchase a lower priced Nehalem Core processors and LGA 1156 socket motherboards.

·
Registered
315 Posts
if i7 is better than i5 and i7 is not better than C2Q or C2D for games then i5 will probably be a major failure its 95w processor thats worse for games, i wonder what Intel will do if this happen and AMD start to win at least 10-25% of home users market.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I thought the thread title was self-explainatory but I guess some people just need a little guide to a better interpretation...

Ever since Nahalem launched it was meant for extreme desktops/workstations, high-end desktops and servers. This is why you see motherboard priced at $250-300 USD and upward which is obviously not cheap! And now Intel is planning on launching a "mainstream" Core i7, which will be named Core i5. Therefore mainstream consumers can comfortably purchase a lower priced Nehalem Core processors and LGA 1156 socket motherboards.
core 2 duo had both server and desktop processors that shared a socket type. any insight on what the difference is here?

·
Pink Poney
727 Posts
It'd be really interesting if Intel dropped the ball with i7/i5. I've seen little if any threads detailing the next generation of AMD processors..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts