Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Well the best way to do it would be the format one, but if you dont want to go trough the hussle of installing the OS again i would suggest you back up your most important data and use Partition Magic 8 to convert the filesystem from FAT32 to NTFS.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, you mean that if I use the microsoft's method, the data inside the drive won't be erased if I just convert it directly,isn't it? By the ways, I don't have money to buy Partition Magic, so if I really need to format, can anyone tell me alternative ways to convert my hardisk?

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Well it's not like you will lose the data if you convert it that way, but there is a slight possibility that you will therefore a back up is important.
It happened to me before and it can happen to you so just be prudent.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Microsoft's Convert utility, as mentioned on that link, does not result in data loss. There is no need to buy PartitionMagic.

For partitioning and drive imaging, System Rescue CD-ROM is a free and excellent alternative to PartitionMagic and Ghost.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK. Thanks for the reply. I gonna try converting my hardisk. I just hope that it will success.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
The built in convert command has to be one of the easier commands.

convert c: /fs:ntfs

I've converted c: drives before with absolutely no problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts