Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time a few years ago, some idiot that used to do the tech stuff for our school decided to install TinyXP onto a bunch of the computers in our elementary building. Now those machines don't pass validation which is obviously a big issue for a school.

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to convert these TinyXP installs to a regular XP install without having to format. Backing of the data on all these computers and doing a complete format would take way too much time.

Normally, just changing the key using a tool like Magical Jelly Bean Key finder would be okay, however TinyXP uses a XP Pro Corporate serial, but our schools use a standard OEM XP Pro Serial, so I don't think that would work.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Change the key anyway. Then if the validation tools are not inside the systems, you can... "obtain" them elsewhere. I think as long as it's an XP Pro key, the small details won't matter.

The main concern though, is that TinyXP might have been stripped of important features which may prevent certain softwares from operating right.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I've used TinyXP on a computer before and it worked fine, and it was a more-stripped version then what is installed on these PCs.

So OEM keys and Corporate keys are compatible?

I may install TinyXP on a spare computer and see if the key changing works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.