Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new pc, pretty impressive machine I might add, hehe.
Since I've owned the ps for so long and played all the games on it, I wanted to see if my pc can handle some of my ps games so I would like to confirm a few stuff.
(Yes, I own the original games)

I've read a few post about using software such as isobuster to extract data files from a ps cd to the hd. So does that mean that all I need to do next is to run a ps emulator to test my games?

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
Probably. As long as your computer could read the disks to begin with, all you need to do is start up the emulator and it'll hopefully start up with no problems.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
chunk, you don't need to extract files from ps cd
the ps emulators read the ps cd directly from your cd-rom drive. so just put the game in your computer and run the emulator.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It worked

Thanks guys, I tested it by just using my ps cd and the emulator read it just fine.

Whew, and I was about to waste precious hd space for the iso files. Just one more thing, won't the games run faster wif the data files in the hd? :confused:

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Re: It worked

Originally posted by chunk
Thanks guys, I tested it by just using my ps cd and the emulator read it just fine.

Whew, and I was about to waste precious hd space for the iso files. Just one more thing, won't the games run faster wif the data files in the hd? :confused:
Yep making an iso helps a lot with speed problems.

·
Registered
260 Posts
ISO's increase speed to a perfrect level and emulator increase the graphics a little and stuff, from what i think is that the emulator is much better then the PSX itself...

·
Premium Member
6,391 Posts
Originally posted by Zídanee
Well running from 640X480 is better then PSX, most people run @ 1024X768 so the emulation looks better then PSX.
I run epsxe at 640x480x16 w/ 4xFSAA. 1024x768 is a little too high to have FSAA (too much performance loss) and I can't stand jaggies anymore:emb:. Epsxe runs psx games great, but it's still not perfect. It does have some glitches and speed problems. A psx is still required for the true experience, or at least VGS (closest you'll ever get to a real psx).

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
6,122 Posts
but enabling a high resolution is for no need more the 4xFSAA I think, well correct me if Im wrong ^^

·
King of the Maggots
4,386 Posts
well..... now that we are in the topic :confused: ....

a friend knows how to port snes roms to the PSX, I'm saying this because I saw it with my own eyes....

now, how can I do this????

'cause I got a lot of roms and I would like to play them on my PSone....

G

·
Originally posted by takmadeus
well..... now that we are in the topic :confused: ....

a friend knows how to port snes roms to the PSX, I'm saying this because I saw it with my own eyes....

now, how can I do this????

'cause I got a lot of roms and I would like to play them on my PSone....
Spamming the board .. ehh :p

·
Premium Member
6,391 Posts
Originally posted by Shadow Lady
but enabling a high resolution is for no need more the 4xFSAA I think, well correct me if Im wrong ^^
FSAA is supposed to be the only way to get rid of "jaggies". The human eye can see aliasing artifacts even up to resolutions of 3k x 3k. I notice that graphics are very smooth with FSAA on, even at 640x480 and at 1024x768 jaggies are nearly non-existant. Still, there are those who claim that higher resolutions make up for FSAA and others don't like the blurry look (a lot of PC gamers prefer a sharp look, even with jaggies) so I guess it's personal perference whether to have it on and play at low rez or have it turned off and play at high rez.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
yep, i dont always like the blur effects.
I used to play quake2 with AA off. partly because i only had a voodoo2 and partly because it gave a clearer picture of where everything was *exactly*.
sometimes in serious racing sim (like Sports Car GT) the blur can also bug me. as if it impaired my ability to determine distance and positions (by a tiny bit). I dont know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
takwu said:
chunk, you don't need to extract files from ps cd
the ps emulators read the ps cd directly from your cd-rom drive. so just put the game in your computer and run the emulator.

can someone sent me the link to get at this emulators .
I cannot find it.. help please.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.