Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In pokemon soul silver, I encountered a problem when the game would crash frequently giving me an error meessage of "rom image has crashed" or something along those lines. To fix this, whenever I saved, I immediately closed the game after seeing the start of the message "<name> has saved the game." Later, I beat the gym leader of the ghost gym and saved right after in this fashion, closing the emulator. When I rebooted the game, I hit A on the save file in game and immediately saw the message "rom image has crashed" before I could do anything. I tried repeatedly to reboot the game but I got this message every time. This was all done on no$gba.

Now, I am trying to use the desmume emulator to load the save file I have. I tried loading the rom and importing back up memory and choosing the no$gba .sav file to no avail. I am now at a loss as of what to do.

I am currently looking for a converter from a .sav file from no$gba to a .dsv save file that works with desmume. Any other solution or help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached the save file in question if that helps.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
IIRC, you can put the .sav file in desmume's "Battery" folder and it should work fine, as long as it is named [rom name].sav. .dsv save files are just a raw .sav (same as no$gba) but with a footer which includes the text "|<--Snip above here to create a raw sav by excluding this DeSmuME savedata footer:"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IIRC, you can put the .sav file in desmume's "Battery" folder and it should work fine, as long as it is named [rom name].sav. .dsv save files are just a raw .sav (same as no$gba) but with a footer which includes the text "|<--Snip above here to create a raw sav by excluding this DeSmuME savedata footer:"
I tried this to no avail. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, I know what's wrong. Go to Options>Files setup and select "Raw" under "SAV/SNA File Format", re-save the game, then put the .sav file in desmume's "Battery" folder. Forgot that no$gba compresses battery saves by default.
Do you mean re-save the game in no$gba? Because as soon as I launch the save file, it immediately crashes before I can do anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 12 of 12 Posts