Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to add it to the ps2 emu memory card or converting it.

I could buy a NapLink cable and transfer it to my ps2 mem card but i wouldnt be able to get it to my pc in .ps2 mem card form, i dont hav money for a napL cable anyway at the moment. (dont think this would work anyway)

Is there??????

Thx to wat ever ur answer may be (xcept for that read the rules excuse)

In another note, since u cant ask compat. questions, like for the famous FFX help me Q's (which ive also tried askin for), cant u just release an ingame SAVED STATE, atleast most ppl would stop askin, like me.

(By the way my FFX gets stuck at "Listen to my story", its still running and moving but doesnt go any further, i even left it going wen i went to sleep for like 10hrs.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey, I got the EXACT same problem!!!

I'm blowing my brains out over here trying to convert psv files (i.e.- good save files of FFXII that ONLY come in a dumb format) to the almighty file format: ps2

that format is the only one (hence "almighty") that is readable by pcsx2's memcard system... (put a "ps2" file in the memcard folder then run pcsx2 then set the directory to that file so it can be read by the game as another memory card...)

AAAHHHHHH!!!!

I swear up and down that a utility that does this holy task does NOT exist - no one even bothered with it.

does ANYONE know of a mythical utility that can convert psv files to ps2 files???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice, but it's still not what I needed...

It's a good utility for converting this file to that file, but I need a ps2 file for use with PCSX2... I mean, here I am blowing my face off trying to find that which doesn't exist.

hmmm, perhaps more searching is in order...

...or I could just simply find a game save ALREADY in ps2 format... I think that would be much simpler...

thanks anyway - I think I'll keep Mymc.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Nice, but it's still not what I needed...

It's a good utility for converting this file to that file, but I need a ps2 file for use with PCSX2... I mean, here I am blowing my face off trying to find that which doesn't exist.

hmmm, perhaps more searching is in order...

...or I could just simply find a game save ALREADY in ps2 format... I think that would be much simpler...

thanks anyway - I think I'll keep Mymc.
.ps2 is the pcsx2 memory card format not save format.Just open the .ps2 file using mymc and import your save.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Alright, alright... I'm trying to stay cool, but it's just not working - here's the steps I took... cause I just did this and it seems that I'm running around in circles...

I use PSV Exporter (included in Mymc) to "export" aha! the files...

then... I use PS2 Save Builder (also included) to then convert the 3 files (File, SYS file and icon) to a PWS... whatever that is...

Then along comes Mymc, which can only open up *.ps2 files...

what do I do now... there just seems to be a missing step somewhere!!!????

In other words: how can I import a save if I can't open it up in Mymc?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Mymc is extremely easy to use program and it supports MAX Drive (.max), EMS (.psu), SharkPort (.sps), X-Port (.xps) and Code Breaker (.cbs) saves
Where did you see pws?
Now click on the diskette icon or File=>Save As and choose from Save as Type .max .psu .sps .xps or .cbs(because mymc supports only those formats)
Read carefully.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ok, the PWS is one of the formats that PS2 Save Builder will let you save as... it's a AR MAX Power Save. (whatever that is...)

Then I try to go to mymc to open up what I just exported and saved as one file (those 3 files to one file)

ok, but wait Mymc won't let me open up the file I just saved, I'm happy...

All of this could've been easily avoided by just finding a game save in *.ps2 format so that I can just move it into the memcard folder, set the new directory for that file (maybe memcard slot 2= [new game save], and run the game in order to have a new save that actually exists... I need help

Hold on a minute!!! A BREAKTHROUGH!!!

"click on the second icon (import) to import the saves from gamefaq...

ok, so I set the directory (i.e. memory card slot 2 Mcd002) THEN click import to SELECT the game save I downloaded!!!

Thank you alot for the "read carefully" comment!!!!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Ok, the PWS is one of the formats that PS2 Save Builder will let you save as... it's a AR MAX Power Save. (whatever that is...)
I don't know how easier than this to explain it.Is it so hard to choose as a "Save as type" one of the formats that mymc support?

Then I try to go to mymc to open up what I just exported and saved as one file (those 3 files to one file)

ok, but wait Mymc won't let me open up the file I just saved, I'm happy...
Yes because mymc don't support pws :rolleyes:

All of this could've been easily avoided by just finding a game save in *.ps2 format so that I can just move it into the memcard folder, set the new directory for that file (maybe memcard slot 2= [new game save], and run the game in order to have a new save that actually exists... I need help
Like I said above
.ps2 is the pcsx2 memory card format not save format.Just open the .ps2 file using mymc and import your save.
You wont find a save anywhere with this extension because this is memory card not save.The saves are inside that .ps2 file(memory card)

·
Registered
16 Posts
wow, I must seem like a total dolt for not getting it for this long... just click import... DUH

I have officially wasted everyone's time for at least a couple a days now... I'm dumb.

yep, the *.ps2 file is the whole memory card...
and the *.cbs, etc. is the actual game save... AWESOME, now I'm downloading saves at the speed of life... and importing them to my awesome memcard to play stuff... uhh, I should stop now, because I'm not getting anywhere with my half-baked apology... ok.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts