Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Dazed and Confused~
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I play Mother 3 in windowed mode (except for 4X), everything is fine. I can pull off 16-hit combos, and play the game nicely. However, when I try to use Fullscreen, it doesn't lag, but, the controls tend to freeze every now and again and I end up running into walls or just keep going in one direction when I want to change into another. D8

Is there anything I can do to prevent this without lowering my frame-rate or something? I have no frame-skipping turned on, and I want to try to keep it that way. ^_^;

· Banned
35,081 Posts
disable any filters, set it to use D3D and increase the priority of vba-m to above normal.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
No. you probably have something else eating cpu cycles, as it works fine on a duron 1300.

Set your laptop's power scheme to performance.

· Dazed and Confused~
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried that, it worked better for maybe 10 more seconds, but then controls would still stick. I guess I'm stuck with windowed mode. It's not that bad though, since 3X is three times bigger than a GBA's screen anyways.

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
sounds like it could be processing spikes brought on by overheating...

· Dazed and Confused~
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turion? If you mean what model of laptop I have, it's a Dell Inspiron B130.
Also... if it were processing spikes due to overheating... would my other emulators or programs jump around too? The laptop does get very hot, but it never seems to get TOO hot.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
Pentium M 735

it could potentially be speedstep, but changing the power mode should've disabled that.

Set explorer to above normal priority and increase the vba priority to above normal as well.

something on your system is causing keyboard lag.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.