Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a way to set it up? the keyboard dont do justice and it works for ****.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Use Xpadder to map the keyboard commands to your gamepad.

And then start saving up for a wheel immediately, a real racing game like this should be played with a Wheel.
In fact I would just about say it's Wheel > Keyboard > Controller

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,700 Posts
hm, I got a 360 gamepad because of this... I didn't really want to at first, because I have pc adapters for the dual shock 2 and they work just fine, but all these new "games for windows" don't care, they tend to support the 360 pad really well, but nothing else.

so, smart trick MS pulled there once again, just as they "support" pc gaming by taking it all away and bringing it to the xbox.

It's a good pad though, can't deny that (except for the horrible d-pad).

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Samor as I said before. G25 NOW!

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,700 Posts
G25 is great, but I can't mount it to my desk. Thrustmaster (RGT) would work, but, I tend to find it a hassle, setting up a wheel and all. The 360 pad gives a good amount of control anyway :)

but, maybe someday I'll get a wheel again.
btw, if we're going "simulation purists style", I have to inform you that GRID is not worthy of the G25 ;) - not that I agree with that myself, though.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
You can't call yourself a racing gamer if you don't have a wheel Samor :p

Sure it's old these days but even I have a wheel, a old Logitech Formula Force. Poor thing keeps on getting so dusty though :(
I will agree though that GRID is not as much simulation as TOCA2 was for instance...and then there's FIA GTR...which for some reason does not run propperly for me at all...as soon as the car goes over 10kmh I can only turn like 3 degrees no matter what I do.

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn shumi, the g25 is a 200$ racing wheel!! i cant even afford that for a new mobo oO

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I did not mean you Bubbafat. You can get yourself a regular wheel just with a bit of force feedback, something like the Logitech Formula Force Ex, the new version of my wheel.
Heck even a Genius wheel would make a nice starter wheel.

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok :lol: ill go look that up. or worst case scenario convince my father he wants a shiny new race wheel for when he plays nfsu2 :p

·
Registered
443 Posts
My Saitek P880 works great for GRID.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts