Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any Controllers on the pc side that have force feed back and even analog joysticks?. I have just seen the hammerhead controller but I dont know how good it is. And of course I'd need one that is supported by ePSXe. Thanks

·
Registered
513 Posts
>Are there any Controllers on the pc side that have force feed
>back and even analog joysticks?.
From all the responces I've seen on the board you'd do well to avoid the Thrustmaster FireStorm Dual Power, as it tends to be overwhelmingly flakey. A much better choice, it would seem, is the Logitech Wingman Rumblepad.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
hold on there little buddy!
there are all kinds of different ones, but those two mentioned are kinda top sellers. Also worth considering is the Gravis Eliminator Aftershock. Plus a whole lot of smaller brand products, one of which, the Crystal pad, is reviewed right here at PSXEmu.com.
And then we have all these PSX to USB or parallel port adapters, just make sure the one you buy has shock support if you want it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My 2 cents on controllers

I'm using a PSJoy Converter that I got from <a href="http://www.lik-sang.com">Lik Sang</a>. I really like it. IMO, the Sony Dual Shock controller is one of the finest gamepads ever made, for feel, durability, and sensitivity. Why waste time with a crappy Gravis, Thrustmaster, M$, etc.? The dual shock was made to play the games you want to play!!!

I wrote a review of the PSJoy and submitted it to PSXEmu. Hopefully they'll post it.

S

·
0 Posts
The Logitec Wingman Rumblepad is excellent. I have one and it works great. You can also set the rumble force to 150% and man that is a strong rumble.
Dirk_gently, I bookmarked Lik Sang. After I am done on the boards, I am going to check it out. I may just order the PSJoy converter on line. Thanks for the info.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
68 Posts
RE: PSJoy

FWI, you can probably find the PSJoy for less $ elsewhere. Of course, as soon as I received my order, I discovered it online for $14. I paid $19. Oh well. I really like it, so I'm not complaining.

On a related note, its amazing that more US based importers don't sell items like this. A video game store in a decent sized city (not that I'd know) could make a killing marking up relatively inexpensive (and incredibly useful) products like the PSJoy.

Maybe I shoulda been a biz'ness man?!?

S

·
0 Posts
Yes, perhaps you should have been a business man. I, also, do not understand why local outlets (I live in a suburb of Sacramento) do not carry these. The only one that is carried is the USB to PSX cable made by Pelican accessories. I have one and it is great, but unfortuneately, it doesn't support rumble.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
whoa, Lik Sang has grown!
They seemed so much smaller when I ordered a Gameboy backup device from them. Great service, they simply mailed me the stuff like a few days after I ordered.

anyways, there are many different adapters, some come with N64 pad connection, some can connect two PSX pads (NO, not that Multitap looking thing, it connects 4 PSX *digital* pad)

Also, as I've said before, a PC controller would come with extra features great for PC games, e.g. the Logitech has a handy throttle. And most brand name controllers would come with software that emulates keyboard, which is handy for "young" emulators that only support keyboard. Lastly, sometimes one PC controller is cheaper than buying a PSX pad + adapter.

To sum it all up, get a PSX pad + adapter if you use it mainly for PSX emulation, and the price is right. If you do a lot of PC gaming OR other emulation as well, you might want to think a few more times.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yo SX/Amiga,

Don't buy the cable..... I found this link: http://www.emulatronia.com/reportajes/directpad/psxeng/print.htm , check it out... This site tell you how to build your own psx g.pad to pc, and of course the rumble one. All you need is just a soldering gun, diodes, and LPT-1 connector.

bla...bla... read it yourself from that link, and have a nice gamepad (rumble one), and download the directpadpro (to recognize the pad) from somewhere in the net (I forgot).

I buy the psx extension cable, and I recommend you all to do your "thing" in that cable. Not in the psx cable, so that you still can use your psx gamepad in psx and pc...

Thats it.... :)

NB: This "PC pad" cannot run in Win2K, because Directpadpro only work in Win95, Win98, and WinMe.

·
Registered
59 Posts
..... and if I just buy alot psx ext cable (of course I have quantity discount) and make a "psx to pc cable" for US$ 12/piece and make my own web-site and sell it, I will be businessman too, huh...
;)
OK let's say,..... www.mymarket.com he...he...he...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts